Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Shopping

You guys, spring fever has hit my closet and wallet. After a quiet couple of months, I am in a shopping MOOD! Maybe it's all the bright colors grabbing my attention like shiny paper to a distracted puppy, but everything just looks so good right now. It's probably a good thing I can't shop in all the regular stores; I would not be able to show any restraint.

Here are a couple of new things I am hoping to be wearing this season:



Vince Camuto color blocked dress, Nordstrom
This one is on order. I am praying it looks good; I spotted it a few weeks ago in regular sizes, and was instantly in love. It's rare that they make a popular item in plus sizes too, so when I saw they did for this one, I snapped it up.


KORS Michael Kors Ghita nude pump, Nordstrom
I have been looking for the perfect nude pump for over a year, but none of them have worked. Wrong nude, uncomfortable, heel too high, looked too cheap, too platform-y and trendy, yadda yadda yadda. I tried these on at Nordstroms on Sunday, and declared the search over. The vamp is perfect for my arch, the color, heel and style are timeless, and most of all they are going to be perfect for all my dresses. This is the first time I've ever bought a Salon shoe from Nordstrom. I hope it is going to be money well spent.


True straight pants in mochaccino, Gap
These I am still a little on the fence on; I need lighter-colored pants for spring and summer, but these might be a little too khaki-ish. I love that straight-leg style though...I will try them with a few outfits in my mirror first, then take them to be hemmed and hope for the best. They will look great with the shoes below!

Franco Sarto Year Wedge in red patent, Nordstrom
Oh, Franco. I love you.
I haven't loved his styles in the last year but this one was lovely and springy. I've been looking for a pair of red patent shoes for a while to no avail, but like the Michael Kors as soon as I put these on I knew I had found my shoes. So unbelievably comfortable; it felt like I had owned them for years.

I have a couple of other items on my Wish List too:



Sam Edelman Beatrix flat, Nordstrom
I need to replace my embellished cheetah print SE flats this spring, and I love the chunky embellished look of these. But they're really pricey, especially for flats. If I find a better substitute I will get those instead.


Kenneth Cole New York mixed snakeprint skirt, Nordstrom
The mixed prints of this are TO DIE FOR. I need this for spring so bad. Nordstrom doesn't actually have the best collection of Encore skirts, so whenever they do have an interesting one, I always check it out. My only concern is that it isn't long enough, but I won't know until I try it!

Those are the base pieces. My red trench will come in handy as it's very on-trend this colorful spring! I'll be looking for tops and blouses at other stores; Nordstrom Encore just doesn't have the greatest selection for those. Everything is too shapeless for my preferences.

But Target has some cute ones!


Merona Woman Sleeveless Fashion Knit Top, Target
Love the orange and cream, and that asymmetrical neckline and side bow is just different enough without being overkill.

Merona Woman Easy Care Easy Wear Cowl Neck Tank, Target
You know I love a good teal! This will be great with the Gap tan pants and new red shoes, yes?


Merona Woman Cowl Neck Top, Target
These appear to only be in stores. I love that the neckline is high; perfect for work!


What do you have your eye on this spring?


8 comments:

  1. I love it when you shop - I get such inspiration!

    Agree with you on the nude shoes...seems like every pair I've seen has that platform on the toe, which just looks weird to me. These look classic, and hey, if they are comfortable, then you'll wear them and get your money's worth, right?

    I like the Target tops, but wish they had sleeves. I'm wanting elbow-length more and more, as my upper arms are just squishy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to wear everything under cardigans so sleeveless is okay by me. I know you can't do that as much in Texas, though! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the print skirt and hope it is long enough. Nothing takes the sophistication away like a skirt or dress that is just too short for the wearer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the first dress on Laura, it is sublime! I want those red wedges for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that cowl top from Target in a dark orange. I love the neckline. You can layer a cami under it, I have a small chest so the cowl drapes a little more than it would on a bigger bosom, or layer the top under a jacket/sweater and take advantage of the neckline to skip a scarf. For the money it's a winner.

    I've been on a roll at Nordstrom lately myself. It's not that anything they have is so over the top or trendy, but they've done their colors well and focused on cuts that are good. They are not inexpensive or impulse clothes, but I've been happy with what I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, glad to hear a personal rec for the Target cowl. I looked at the orange too, I might get both.

      ITA about Nordstrom's quality; their skirts and dresses are fabulous for plus sizes. I just wish I liked their pants and tops more. They do better with those in regular sizes.

      Delete
  5. I just bought FOUR dresses on target.com and paid only $55 for all four! Needed to replace my cute dresses from last year which will be too big this year.

    I would LOVE to own those nude shoes but even though I'm a big old shoe lover I'm not willing to pay that price. I'm hoping once the DSW opens up here I'll be able to find something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color blocked dress! It's going to look so cute with your coloring, and versatile all the way through early fall. I like nude pumps too, but I always worry they'll look odd on me since my legs are so so pale.

    I've been exercising serious shopping restraint, only rewarding myself by shopping when I knock another 10 pounds off, but I have my eye on a brightly colored trench and a floral dress from Boden (it's pinned on my summer board, if you're curious) .

    ReplyDelete