Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Day

Gosh, how did we get to Wednesday already? I'm so far behind in everything I need to do!!

Anyway, I promised I would wear something out of my sister's box of clothes every day this week, and I would photograph it. I am not sure I am going to make it to the end of the week; turns out none of the awesome skirts fit. The good news is they are all too big, but the bad news is that means I will never be able to wear them. They are so gorgeous, I'm pretty bummed about it. I might get one of them (a fabulous houndstooth) taken in, just to see it works.



This was Monday. One of two great Lane Bryant tunic sweaters; the other one was a strong green. I did wear it over the weekend, but unfortunately the color did not work on me as well as this peacock blue one did, so I passed it along to my friend Jessie. She looks AMAZING in green, so I know she will rock it.

I know a white top and black pants is a bit of a cop-out, but you know, when the sweater has enough character you don't need to overload with other stuff. I did wear my pretty gold circle necklace with it, to help emphasize the cowl neck.




Tuesday was a bit dressier than I have been lately, but it was all in service to the yellow Banana Republic sweater that made its way back to my closet in the box. It's a little snug right now, so I layered it under a Tria tweed jacket instead of over a button-down like I wanted to wear it. The sweater is short-sleeved and has cute ruching at the shoulders. Maybe you'll see it again later this winter or spring when it fits better.

The details of this aren't clear, but the pants are a navy pinstripe, and the jacket has great gold embellishment all along the hem. I added a couple of triple-strand gold necklaces to finish it off.





Today this will be the outfit, although I may mix it up with a different necklace or scarf. I cheated and wore it last Friday, but I like this sweater so much I am repeating it. This is a Forth & Towne oldie but goodie. Love the melon-y color, the faux-wrap look, and just the general weight and softness of the fabric. This is almost 5 years old, and it's still one of my favorites.

Sometimes I don't mind having gained the weight back because it lets me re-discover beloved pieces again. And believe me, I have plenty more in smaller sizes in the basement! :)

Lastly, I am enjoying all the food I made this weekend. I've had leftover soup a couple of days, and yesterday I brought in this:



There are cauliflower pizza crust/pancakes under the pulled pork, which worked out very well. They gave the pork a nice base but wasn't as carb-heavy as just bread. I added some of the roasted veggies with it. Yogurt, a mix of clementines and blackberries, some store-bought granola (Shelley, I had to concede defeat on making my own for now), some Special K crackers (which are so good!), and a couple of extra clementines filled me up for the day.

Aaaaaand now I am late for my day. Have a good one, all!

10 comments:

  1. I really like the outfit with the jacket. It looks polished without being overly dressy. And of course the pink sweater. It's pink!

    You know what I think is funny? Shelley thinks I'm some sort of Betty Crocker with all the cooking I do, but I just won't make granola - it's too easy to find some I like and buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I totally understand. We found a granola we really like, but it's so expensive. My husband goes through a ton of it every week, so I would like to be able to make it for much less if I could.

      Delete
  2. Well now Helen has given me the challenge - I'll have her making granola by the time I leave (when I go visit her this year)! Sorry it hasn't worked for you - YET - but when it does, I promise, the ease and yumminess will have you making it on a regular basis. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't have the patience to remember to keep turning it. Or my oven is too hot. Or something. I might try my sister's idea below and try to make Muesli instead.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that second outfit! That jacket is so cute, and it looks great on you!

    Also, love all the colors happening here! That blue is great, but wow, the pink! It's not necessarily a color I'd automatically think you would wear, but it's so complimentary with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I love melons and coral pinks; they work really well with my warmer coloring. This one falls somewhere between those two shades.

      Delete
  4. I think the biggest problem with us swapping clothes is the colors. With my dark coloring, I look best in jewel tones and with your light coloring, you rock the warm tones. The yellow Banana Republic sweater is adorable, but made me look like I had jaundice. That melon sweater looks a bazillion time better on you! Rock it, sistah!

    *sigh* I really did love those Lane Bryant skirts. They served me well for several sizes. Oh well, maybe you can consign them and some other lucky lady can enjoy them.

    Thought on granola, since the commercial ones tend to be so full of excess sugar, what about trying some muesli recipes? Same concept, no cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, good point about our coloring. Luckily we have plenty of neutrals too that we can share.
      I am SO BUMMED about the skirts, especially the grey and houndstooth ones! I had an awesome houndstooth one a couple of years ago that I still miss. There are a couple of new consignment stores in the area I will be checking out.
      Thanks for the muesli idea. I might try that!

      Delete
  5. All those colors are good on you. The jeweled jacket/sweater is something I haven't seen in awhile. It's good to break out from the drapey sweaters sometimes!

    A working girl should always have a black/white outfit. They're good for days when something must be put on but the decider isn't sure quite what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! have the houndstooth skirt altered so you can wear it on the next Houndstooth week!
    I also really really like that tweed like jacket - it´s a great piece to dress up or down :)
    and I need to go to the supermarket to get the stuff to make those cauliflower cakes.
    I went yesterday but totally forgot.

    ReplyDelete