I did a lot of winter clothes shopping, and I feel like I am set for a while. My closet has been cleaned out, so I can see and be honest about what fits and what I like to wear. I find that I am repeating a lot of the same outfits, which is pretty new for me; since I've had Low Fat Dressing I've been conscious about wearing different combinations, always changing it up in some way. But lately I am okay with wearing the exact same thing I wore a week or two weeks ago; if it worked then, why not let it work again?
This has cut down on my getting-ready time, which I suppose is partly why I have moved toward this; work was so crazed in November I didn't *have* the time to spend coming up with new creative outfits, so I started sticking to the basics, and I found I liked it. So I got lazy about taking my photos; I'm not quite ready to move the whole endeavor back upstairs to the office, but I'm finding it harder to get a picture done in the morning (I am ready to snap at the moment my neighbors are leaving for the day, which is pretty embarrassing) and I feel all frumpy by the end of the day.
But I did promise I would take photos this week, and I have stuck to that!
Hubby took the first one on Tuesday night; I have no idea why he constantly takes blurry pictures. God bless him. I took the Wednesday one myself in the kitchen the next morning. Yeah, I think it's time to head back up to the corner of the office; the light is better and it's faster. Will do that today!
Anyway, I liked Tuesday's outfit with the skinny belt giving that loose cardigan a more professional look. Wednesday's has my favorite yellow sweater from Martin + Osa; it's probably time to retire it, but I just love it and will miss it. :( The pants are Gap straight legs, one in grey and one in black; so comfy and much better than the skinnies! And of course it's winter, so my scarves have come out to play.
This, however, is where my interest lies these days.
The talk my doctor gave me has been pushing me all week. It's time to start eating better, to take all the things I know and like about good nutrition and good food, and putting them to work. I've started taking my lunch to work, and even better, I am tracking my food again. I am still having a big no-WW block in my head, but I created a spreadsheet based off the Core plan, which is the WW plan I always loved the most. It is the most focused on eating whole, fresh foods with the fewest options for mass-prepared foods, which of course falls right in line with my foodstyle and interest in seasonal eating.
The other tab in the spreadsheet has my weight, so I will start tracking that too. No more hiding my head in the sand! This is far and away the most I have ever weighed in my life, and the thought of gaining even more devastates me. I have got to turn the Titanic around, people.
The Sunday cooking project has turned into a regular habit; I now spend the time in the evenings that I used to spend perusing fashion sites and blogs looking at recipes and healthy food sites. I have also started bringing my lunch in again, like I said; this was a big change at the office, but I am making sure that I sit with everyone anyway to eat, so I engage in the social aspect of lunch if not the caloric foodbombs I was indulging in with them every day. Plus, my varied fancy lunchboxes ;-D are quite the hit; I think my co-workers may even like the tall Mr. Bento with its round 4 containers more than the flat colored one in the picture above. :)
Anyway, I started writing this entry on Thursday night, but didn't finish until Sunday morning. Now I am off to start cooking this week's foods and to catch up on outfit posts from the second half of the week. See you again in a bit! ;-D
You are the seriously the queen of fun scarves!! They add so much to an outfit too. As for the shift in interests, I totally understand. 2011 brought big changes to my life as far as food goes, and I use Sundays as my prep day for the week - - picking recipes, making the grocery list, going to the grocery and more. It can keep you busy for sure, but definitely worth it. Much success to you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see the lunchbox back. I've got to get one of those for when I'm in maintenance!
ReplyDeleteIf I worked with you I'd be stealing your Bento !
ReplyDeleteWOW your food looks so good :)
I have been trying to eat a little bit more on the healthy side. I have also been trying to drink more water - I would have never thought that to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day would be so hard.
So far I can only have about 6 !