My back pain roared back this weekend, so it had to be flats. I built the rest of the outfit from there.
2. What I baked today.
Hershey's came out with these peppermint-flavored Kisses; are they new? Anyway, they go great on top of these sugar-rolled sugar cookies.
I call these the Island of Misfit Cookies. Hubby says they are still delicious. I had two myself, and I agree. (The rest are boxed up to go to work and to Detroit this weekend.)
The recipe is on the Kisses bag!
3. What I ate today.
This week's quiche is leeks, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese. It's pretty delicious; the flavors are light and bright.
4. What I wrapped this weekend.
5. What my husband organized this weekend. We need more pictures of the boys, K!!!!
6. What else I did this weekend: blew out my back. Again. Sunday was a lost day of ice packs, ibuprofin, and lots of laying around, but I went to my doctor this morning and she said I treated it correctly. I have a bulging disc and it shifted so it was pressing on the nerve. I've got meds and an order for rest for the next week. I'm mobile, so it's not as bad as it could have been, and the pain has receded a lot since Saturday night. Whew.
7. What I lost this week.
8. Who thinks they are getting bold. That is as far as she got before pulling her head back in.
9. What stands between me and our Christmas weekend in Detroit: two after-work parties, a potluck lunch on Wednesday, packing, cooking something for the potluck on Wednesday, not killing anyone at work.
10. What will happen between Christmas and New Years: STAYCATION.
Guess which week am I looking more forward to?
I covet your COOKIES, errr, Staycation.
ReplyDeleteI totally meant to say the staycation....
Im off to the INLAWS.
Sorry about your back!
ReplyDeleteI love those cookies rolled in sugar and then baked. The sugar adds a bit of chomp, plus they're so colorful!
Oh my. I hope that back feels better quickly so that you are able to enjoy all that activity! Would you please send your DH to my house? I have a refrigerator that needs some major help!
ReplyDeleteThe cookies look fun, and I agree, the misfit toy ones need to be eaten so they don't feel left out!
ReplyDeleteYou have been a busy lady! Hope the back continues to get better...and enjoy the staycation!
Oooooo, lady, I am sorry to hear about your back. My hubby gets a bulged disk from time to time, and it is AWFUL. Nothing worse than back pain. You never would have known by your outfit, though, because you look fantastic! Love every piece!
ReplyDeleteHey Kristen! Is that Babyfriend I spy, gracing your refrigerator door? Too adorbs! And those cookies are gorgeous, even the misfits.
ReplyDeleteI love your metallic loafers, but am sorry to hear about the back problems. Ouch :(
Yummy !
ReplyDeleteCookies ! I should be ashamed of myself even to look at a cookie, specially as yesterday I participated in not one BUT TWO BUFFETS! One at lunch and another one at dinner....
Anyways you just reminded me that today I have to bake cookies and cupcakes as I will be putting together a small sampler for my coworkers :)
1. Purple looks fab on you.
ReplyDelete2. Those cookies look sooooooo good! I need to remember those!
4. I think I used that same gift bag to wrap a present in.
7. Congrats on the loss! Any loss is fab ~ especially this time of year!
Happy holidays and enjoy!