Friday, December 30, 2011

The last outfit photos of 2011

Wow, what great responses to yesterday's post about weight-loss tips! Cynthia, I love the link to that NYT article you sent. So much to think about!

I also loved that there were some common tips that work pretty much universally: track what you eat, track your progress (somehow), plan your meals, and have a positive attitude.

I would add just one more: enjoy what you eat. It's food, and well-prepared food is supposed to be enjoyable. Food is not just fuel; it affects all of our senses. So don't waste your calories/points/checkboxes on something that doesn't taste good. Conversely, not everything that tastes good is calorie-laden. Fresh oranges, homemade tomato sauce, a simmering bowl of seasoned bean soup, a slice of warm crusty whole-grain bread -- these are healthy, delicious, satisfying choices.

Anyway, onto the outfits!



This was Thursday before Christmas, one of my last days at work. We had our department holiday party after work that day, and this easily made the transition to party wear. Plus, I finally added some color to the dress!


Friday was my last day of work for the year. Hurray!



This transitioned into a travel outfit nicely -- all I did was lose the belt. :) I got the turquoise top from Lane Bryant this summer, but have yet to find the right outfit for it. This was close...maybe it will work better with my black ponte skirt? I definitely liked it with the long-sleeved top under it. A work in progress for 2012!

This one is for my sister: the last Bento of 2011.




Leftover Maui chicken from the Yardhouse, peeled clementines, and pomegranate yogurt with blackberries.  Yummy!

I hope you all have lovely New Year's. We'll be staying in that night, but I have plans for the day and the next day. Plus reflections and resolutions to make. Plan on seeing a few more posts this weekend from me! :)

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. I love that black and white dress with the red accent. Very professional, but also fun and festive! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first outfit here! Very cute. :)

    For the blue top, i bet it would be divine tucked into a pencil skirt (ha! - never guess I would suggest that, right?) - I love the sleeve detailing and collar on it, and think it would focus some attention on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dress too. I've never been entirely keen on the dress with a collared blouse so the red layer that doesn't compete with the wonderful collar is just perfect.

    Good looking lunch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I never buy myself a laptop lunch box. One of these days! I'm about 25 pounds from starting transition and maintenance, so the clock is ticking!

    I love that first outfit on you, it is so flattering. The pattern of the dress peeking out from the cascading sweater, a little extra height with the heel of the boots, very nice silhouette.

    The second outfit, the top is a gorgeous color on you, but I agree would look much more flattering with a skirt. The belt hit you perfectly at the waist (nice hourglass shape), but the bottom of the top hit you at your widest point and gave you extra width in the hips.

    Stacey and Clinton will now take a break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great last tip there - enjoy what you eat! It's so obvious, but I think a lot of us forget about that if we're dieting or changing our eating habits.

    I love your last outfits of the year, especially the holiday party ensemble!

    Happy New Year, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress combo. The black/white/red combination worked really well. Very cute & flattering!!

    ReplyDelete