Yeah, that's my electric meter in the shot. I have now revealed the secret I've been cropping out for months: the space where I take my photos is right between my patio door, the meter reader, and our grill.
Don't let anyone ever fool you into believing fashion bloggers all lead glamorous lives. ;-D
Just getting a "good enough" photo can be troublesome some days. I have a custom timer set on my camera, so I shoot 4 pictures with 2-seconds between each shot, and I have 10 seconds from when I hit the button to get into position before it starts.
So if I take two sets in a couple of minutes, this is what I get.
From there I pick the best one or two; selection is swift and brutal. Look fat, bad pose, look fat, dorky smile, lead arms, blurry, bad hair, look fat, oooh I can work with that and that. I then crop and enhance in iPhoto. If it needs anything more than that, I don't bother.
Cropping helps a lot, most importantly by bringing me and my outfit front and center into the shot. After all, that's why you're here, isn't it?
Day 2 of chunky knits and unexpected neutral combinations. I've learned the hard way that chunky knits really only work on me when they are short-sleeved; anything else and I start to resemble a hibernating bear. :) The pants are a new pair of Gap straight legs -- I loved them so much in black I got them in graphite grey too. The knit is also new from Old Navy; the pumpkin spice color isn't for everyone, but for me it was irresistible! I liked the two together, so the rest of the outfit was just to serve that combination: dusty brown ON layering top, my trusty brown suede BOC heeled clogs, brown studded belt from Walmart (I know!). The necklace is one I bought from my sister from Lia Sophia last year, but I hadn't been able to find the right outfit for it until now. Phew!
You may have noticed I have a lot of new stuff from Gap and Old Navy; I did well during their Black Friday sale. Even better, it was all online; no lines, no fuss, no early-morning insanity. Best kind of Black Friday there is!
Okay, all caught up from last week. It took a bit to get back into the swing of daily photos, but I think I am back!
Emily missed you guys too. She was contemplating making a break for it...if only her head was smaller. :)
LOL, you are too funny, lady. :) Love that color combo. And the belted tunic silhouette really works!
ReplyDeleteHey Kristen I am liking you fall combination.
ReplyDeleteAND for me, well I take my pics with my cel phone camera and take about 2 each morning. That's it - in case you have wondered why my pics are SO very BASIC, there's your answer.
I went shopping for some pants this weekend and came away thinking that The Gap has great cuts for gals like myself who're curvy. My only wish is that they'd do their curvy pants in more fabrics!
ReplyDeletePumpkin is one of my favorites. I love it with gray and the brown. I think you're absolutely right about limiting the chunky sweaters by picking out vesty ones.
We have some friends with an escape dog. If he's out the door he's impossible to get back. I hope kitty didn't make a break for it.
I have to squeeze into an equally glamorous spot everyday to take my pictures as well. Besides, I got a new camera, and I still can't figure out the right settings to take the pictures, argggh!This outfit has lovely colors!
ReplyDeleteI cull through my Fashion Friday photos with similar criteria, LOL!
ReplyDeleteI sympathize. I have similar problems with backgrounds.
ReplyDelete