This is what is called an optical illusion. I have lost no noticeable weight in my new foodstyle, but that's not what you might think looking at this photo. By doing with a monochromatic bottom layer -- black tee, black skinny ponte pants, black patent subtly defining my waist -- and surrounding with a long, asymmetrical lighter cascading cardigan, I look longer and leaner than I am. The chunky statement necklace and leopard shoes are just modern trendy touches that help complete the look.
Yeah, I liked that one.
It was cool enough to start wearing an outer layer, so my new trenchcoat has come out to play! With the shoes it looked a little matchy-matchy, but sometimes you need a little of that. The shoes, by the way, continue to rock.
Cardigan: Bobeau, from Nordstrom
Top: tee, Loft
Belt: patent skinny, from Nordstrom
Pants: NYDJ skinny pontes, from Nordstrom
Shoes: leopard with red bow wedges, Payless
Necklace: smoky quartz statement, from LOFT
++++++
Saturday, I spent the day with my girlfriend J. We went out for breakfast, hit the farmer's market, chicken store, Target...and then went back to my house and caught up on our soaps and ordered pizza. LOL. It was a really nice day.
Scarf: dove grey cotton, from Target or Kohls
Layering tee: light grey ruched v neck, Old Navy
Sweater: grey striped cropped, Old Navy
Jeans: Dreamer regular length bootcut, Old Navy
Shoes: black flat clogs, from I don't remember where
+++++++
Sunday:
Somebody slept on my chair while I ran around the house. I had to work most of the day on my work computer, and I juggled that between bouts of laundry and cooking. Sadly, that meant that the roast chicken and veggies didn't get my full attention and didn't cook very well, but my husband stepped in and salvaged it for us. I always think it is 350 for an hour, but that wasn't it. 375 it is next time!
Where I worked:
Where Emily did:
We call her "Bruiser" because she's so ladylike in her stance. Hee!
What did you do this weekend?
ooooh I LOVE the first look too.
ReplyDeleteI may uh totally copy it ;)
that ok?
What a great, elongating "secret"! You look fabulous. AND I can't take my eyes off those 4 dining room chairs. I would love more information about them! (Maybe an up close and personal shot of each???)
ReplyDeleteMiz, awww thanks, feel free to copy away!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rebecca. The chairs are red, yellow, blue and green, a color pattern repeated throughout my living room too. You know I love my bold colors!
I bought that trench coat from Target, too, but I am returning it because it fits funny in the shoulders. I was wondering if it was just me, so I checked out the reviews online and everyone had pretty much the same issue. Are you noticing that too? It's a great trench and looks lovely on you, btw.
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic in both outfits, although I can tell you felt particularly sassy in the first one by the way you turned your head in the picture - everything just WORKED! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that first outfit looks fantastic! My first thought was definitely that you had lost weight. And I love how the shoes tie the coat, sweater and black pieces together in that outfit.
ReplyDeleteI am loving that optical illusion look, specially because of the shoes.
ReplyDeleteI really liked that pair of shoes, i was going to google them but i know me, whenever i buy any shoes with bows y don't wear them :(
What a gorgeous jacket! I love how your outfit matches your shoes. Matchy in the best way possible.
ReplyDelete