Sunday, September 25, 2011

My weekend in pictures

Things I bought (Saturday):





I KNOW, RIGHT???!!










The red Katie & Kellys from DSW may go back; they're a little tight, and I never put up with that. But the animal print with red bows? You will pry these out of my cold, dead hands. Even my husband thought they were cute, and he hates wedges. Those shoes are thanks to my buddy Fashion for the Economically Challenged, who has been rocking the flats version of them this season. She inspired me to stop at Payless; the flats are long gone, but I've been looking for some different fall shoes before it is cool enough for tights. Wedges, of course! Perfect bridge shoe for this between-season time.



This sweater from Old Navy, but my version is a marled dark blue and isn't available online. Plus another pair of their Dreamer jeans; they were having a buy one get one 75% off sale.


I also got this trench from Target. Oh YES.


Things I Organized (Sunday):






My small purses and clutches are all visible and handy, as are my athletic shoes and flipflops (for manicures in winter). The bags on the left are ones that were hanging behind the bedroom door, but don't get used enough and should be protected and stored. If I don't pull any of them out in a year, they will all be sold or donated. (Some are pretty damned nice; I will probably consign those.)






What is left behind my door: totes are on the left, bags in heaviest rotation on the right.
I discovered that I only a lot of blue bags; I have cobalt, sky blue, turquoise and royal. Hmmm, I might want to rethink that Moroccan blue Cole Haan one...


Things I Donated (Sunday) (no photos):

-20 pairs of women's shoes
-10 pairs of men's shoes (Hubby organized too)
-another box of books that was hidden in the basement
-12 men's shirts
-assorted box of pants, skirts, sweaters and scarves



Things I Cooked (Sunday):







-my grandmother's spaghetti sauce
-turkey meatballs
-"lazy lasagna": whole wheat pasta, sauce, sauteed spinach, and ricotta and parmesan cheese, all tossed together and baked so the flavors settle
-spaghetti squash

Our plan is to stretch these out for the week; I have a quick recipe for meatball soup from Real Simple when we get tired of sauce and pasta/squash. I guess my body must be craving iron and whatever is in tomatoes, because I stocked up on sauce and spinach this week!

Next weekend will be a whole roast chicken and roasted veggies. Lots and lots of them; we love roasted veggies and can easily kill a whole pan in a sitting. but I am determined to have enough left over to make this soup mid-week.




What did you do this weekend?


14 comments:

  1. Water repellant trench at Target?! I underestimate that store. Must check it out.

    Thanks for mentioning the Goodwill opening! I'm not a thrifter, but sometimes it's fun to rummage around. I plan to check it out on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it is! I was with Hubby and we were hungry so we didn't even go in the store. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red trench and OOH, girl those leopard wedges are to DIE for!

    Good for you for doing all that meal prep - well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a busy woman!!! I love the shoes, to cute for words. The trench is a must have...I'll be stalking my local Target stores this week. And I don't like the recipe title "lazy man lasagna" it sounds...lazy....and you were not lazy! You simply made baked ziti but substituted rigatoni for the ziti. *GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so organized.

    I put my flip-flops away. They still had a bit of beach sand on them.....

    I'm big on canned tomato's. I know fresh is best but they're messy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great productive weekend! So did I. Doesn't it just make you feel rarin' to go on a Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those shoes! So cute! And they'll look great with your red trench, which you totally need on a gloomy, crappy rainy Monday like today. I've had the purple version of that coat sitting in my cart for a while, but sometimes I feel like the window between summer and winter coat season is so slim, I can't quite justify a fall jacket purchase.

    I need to get all my things organized like you have. A lot of my clothes and shoes, especially fall and winter stuff, are still packed away in moving boxes, so I feel like I can never find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man alive, those leopard wedges are STELLAR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how when you like something, you go for it in many different colors. Why not, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Goodwill note: I found out that Goodwill happily accepts clothes that might be stained, torn, shabby, etc. I used to weed those out because I thought making someone wear my "rags" was pretty lousy of me. Now I hear they sell the less than desirables as rags to other companies and make more money as well as recycling once again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow! You had a busy weekend, LOL. Glad you found those leopard wedges! I had to stick with flats for the whole balancing issues with my prego belly, but the wedges are super cute, too! You really can't go wrong for the price, right? And I'm pining for those red suede ones as we speak...I wonder if they would be too high for me? hmmmm....You've got some mad shopping skills, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm...I don't think I accomplished as much as you did :-) Now, those shoes are fabulous. That's too bad on the red ones. I've been on the hunt for red shoes just like those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a lot this weekend. A LOT.
    I absolutely crave your animal print+red bow wedges !
    Oh organizing the closet-- i have only accomplished the jeans/trousers department.

    ReplyDelete