Tuesday, August 23, 2011

You should listen to me more

When I talked to my sister last night for her birthday, she said, "You were right. I don't know why I didn't listen to you sooner."

"What did I say?" (It could have been many things. I have lots of opinions.)

"I bought some Clarks," she said happily. "They're like walking on clouds!"

Sister, you said it. Clarks are THE BEST.

Yes, they still have plenty of dowdy styles, but they've got some killer ones too. Like my other new pair.




Here they are from Zappos. On sale!





Hahaha, that cat makes me laugh. God bless ya, George. I will even post the next one even though I don't love my pose, I sure do love his!




This is the cool tunic I bought from Tina at T Minus, T Plus. What do you guys think? I love the cut and fit of it -- and it has great zippers on the sleeves, but I am really unsure about the color. I felt like I was in camouflage all day. Or like Robin Hood in Tights. :)




Maybe if I try it under a jacket or long cardigan? I'm hoping breaking up the pattern works better. I think this one can be fun if I figure it out.

+++++++

Daily Food Tracker: Monday
Breakfast: pomegranate yogurt, blackberries, fiber one cereal
That was the last healthy thing I ate all day. My only saving grace in the other junk is that my portions were reasonable.
Snack: bite-size candy bars
Lunch: slice of pepperoni pizza (birthday party for co-worker)
Snack: more danged mini candies
Dinner: pb&j with skim milk

Maybe I shouldn't have stepped on the scale this morning and realized I had lost a couple of pounds. Because I did my best the rest of the day to put them back on. Sheesh.



6 comments:

  1. I love those colors.

    Don't cover it up! You can do a lot with that. Your mushroom shoes should look good with it also. When it gets cooler any number of sleeved knits will go under it. How about pinking it up a little (please - no pink leggings!).

    I found myself at McDonald's yesterday. It was 4:30 and I'd had a light lunch so I was hungry but not wanting a full dinner. I thought about what a good job you've been doing of eating real food and not Mickey D's, as I ordered a chicken snack wrap..... I did have the unsweetened tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Kristen, you look HOT in that outfit! Head to toe awesome!!! I like the tunic and the pop of blue in the camisole peeking out - maybe when it gets cooler, a long-sleeved t-shirt (in some fun color) under the tunic might work, too.

    Your George is like my Paco - sneaking into the pictures, posing, working it...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that outfit colors and all! That's saying a lot for me because I'm not normally a fan of leggings. But this outfit is just so put together looking. And the shoes... not that I need another pair of shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color looks great on you! And the tunic looks so cute belted and with your sweet new sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things I realize I need to do from this post:
    1) Buy a pair of comfy clarks shoes
    2) Learn how to peal a freaking pomegranate, because I love to eat them despite my confusion over how to get to those bubble-y things inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors here are beautiful !
    And I'd like to steal your cat.

    ReplyDelete