Friday, August 26, 2011

New Haircut: before and after

I got a new haircut!

Before:



You've seen before before. :) While I loved the rest of my haircut, the bangs were not really a part of it and with the heat and laziness I have been pulling them back all summer. Not a great look, but it got the job done.

But I did really like this outfit; I am enjoying grey with gold jewelry lately. The gold nicely warms up all sorts of greys, and on Wednesday I wore three different ones together. There was the smoky grey-brown quartz of my LOFT statement necklace, the cement gray of the ON dress, and the olive-grey "mushroom" of the Clarks wedge sandals. A red-coral cami was my only pop of color, but it sure didn't seem like a neutral outfit to me. Maybe I am finally getting the hang of neutrals in my own way...




That night I went in for my haircut and eyebrow wax. My brows are now set a little too far apart, alas, but I sure do love the cut! This time she incorporated the bangs nicely.

After:




This was Thursday morning; I had to leave so early for a meeting, the sun wasn't even up so I had to use a flash. LOL! Check out the new dress from Kohls online; I love the peacock feather print, especially in red. They had blue-green, but the unexpected color worked for me more.

Since it was a formal meeting (at 7:30 a.m. downtown! Ugh!) I dug out my black Talbots suit blazer and wore that over it. My black patent DSW peeptoe heels also gave it a more professional air.




Most of the day I kept the jacket off since it was warm enough, and i just love my new dress so much! We've steadily been cooling down in temps this week, and the nights are officially pretty darned cold.




After work we went back downtown for an architecture boat tour of Chicago for a group gathering. The sun was out, we weren't in the office, and it was very fun. I finally saw the giant Marilyn statue too!






Of course I had to get a shoe shot!!! LOL!



My most favorite building on the river. The ivy and the brick are so unexpected among all the gleaming glass and stylish skyscrapers.




Sears Tower from the southern view.




Sears Tower and other buildings mirrored in the glass of the building across the river.


++++++

Hey, I ate stuff too. But I am late for work so I will recap that this weekend. :)

To all my East Coast pals: stay safe and dry! And listen to the weathermen if they tell you to evacuate!


10 comments:

  1. You and your kickass Kohl's dresses. This one is especially cute and flattering. I've sort of banned myself from buying anymore dresses, but I'm going to take a peek at their website anyway :)

    I've been on 3 architecture tours thus far, and I could definitely keep going - they're always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair and really love the dress, the colour is great on you....wish they shipped to Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Love the haircut, love the dress, love the cool photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great color take on the peacock feathers - you rocked that outfit! Love your hair...isn't it fun to get a good cut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great and I'm a little jealous of your beautiful highlights.

    Marilyn's foot looks like it needs to be washed :O

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm due for a haircut. I like how it's a layered bob and that you don't have to turn the ends under. Are you growing the bangs out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose, actually I just had her cut them shorter. Now they can be brushed back into the hair or they can sit on my brow on their own. I'll take a picture of them close up; they're the best bangs I've had in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen, That peacock print dress fits well and is quite flattering, paired with the blazer = a knock-out combination. Love the hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cut its awesome from the side..
    love that dress. the unexpected color is quite amazing :)
    ...i didn't even that statue existed. thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great hair style!

    I enjoyed the entire post! Have a great rest-of-the-weekend.

    ReplyDelete