
I think a trip to the Chicago Botanic Garden is in order in the next couple of days. It's been a month since I was there; I want to see how everything is after all the storms and heat we've been having!


Maybe tonight. A nice long walk might do me some good.
(No outfit photos from yesterday, sorry. I am not really liking the striped Target dress on me anymore. The polka-dots is much more flattering.)
+++++
Food. It's a thing.
I didn't plan well from Monday to Tuesday (meetings at other sites, going to L's to babysit, not having my usual breakfast stuff with me, etc), but I got back into better routines when I got home Tuesday night.
Daily Food Tracker: Monday
Breakfast: broccolini and mushroom frittata
Snack: strawberries and blackberries
Lunch: BBQ pulled pork sandwich, couple of fries, coleslaw
Dinner: Panera Pick 2: caesar salad, broccoli cheese soup, Mike's Hard Lemonade
Daily Food Tracker: Tuesday
Breakfast: Panera everything bagel, light veggie cream cheese
Lunch: Portillos Maxwell Polish sausage, half order of onion rings
Snack: pretzel M&Ms, *fresh* Twizzlers
Dinner: Big green salad with bell peppers, carrots, shredded Parmesan, light honey mustard dressing, and crabmeat, 2 slices of seeduction bread with WW parmesan peppercorn cheese
Daily Food Tracker: Wednesday
Breakfast: broccolini and mushroom frittata
Lunch: Panera Pick 2: tuna salad sandwich and broccoli cheddar soup
Snack: Twizzlers
Dinner: Big green salad with bell peppers, carrots, strawberries and blackberries, blue cheese and parmesan-garlic dressing, 2 slices of frozen BBQ chicken pizza
Snack: popsicle
This frittata thing was an EXCELLENT idea; it's gotten me out of the fast-food breakfast sandwich rut I was in, but the protein from the eggs and cheese keeps me just as full in the mornings as those did. Plus, veggies are good to kick off the day with. The only thing is I put in too many eggs, but six weren't enough to get it fluffy. Next time I will try a combo of egg whites and whole eggs. And my friend Annie made hers with chard, mushroom and blue cheese. Blue cheese!! Annie is a genius.
The next habit to start to work on more homemade lunches. I am currently addicted to Panera's tunafush sandwich (200 calories) and their broccoli cheese soup (190!). It would be supereasy to make that at home -- in fact, I could put some muffaletta in the tuna, and it would probably be more tasty than anything Panera could offer. Yep, that's going on the list for grocery shopping for next week. And how!
Even if I eat breakfast at home I ALWAYS want something to eat when I arrive at work. Bringing my own "second breakfast" is a pocketbook and a diet helper.
ReplyDeleteI sometimes buy the can of just egg whites and use my mixer to beat them fluffy and then fold those in with eggs.
The Panera near me is onboard with posting calories. I like that.
I need to get back to the gardens too! Wonder if I can convince Fella to go this weekend. Hmm...
ReplyDeleteI've been packing my own lunch for the last few years, mainly to save money, but it's also a lot easier to track. Tuna salad is one of my favorite things to have for lunch, and yeah,it's pretty easy! Throw it on a sandwich thin and it's a much healthier option.