
Do you want to be in the picture with me, Miss Emily?

How about if we just get you?

No, sweetie, you can't come out. You're afraid of the world, anyway; you wouldn't like it out here.
And that is how you do a daily photo when there isn't much to say about an outfit. :) It was brain-melting hot again, so a kickass Kohls dress and a pair of wedge sandals consisted of the entire thing. Which is a perfect outfit in many ways: it takes 5 minutes to get dressed, it keeps me cool, and it's dressy enough for meetings. What more do I need?
+++++
In creative news, one area where I am not creative at all is gardening. I always hated gardening; as a kid we had big yards with lots of garden plots and I loathed every minute of weeding or working in the yard that my parents made us do. (Thank God my sister K liked it; I let her do it all. I did inside chores or lots of boat stuff instead.) Raking leaves or shoveling snow was about all I could handle without getting irrationally angry.
So living in a condo with only a tiny patch of grass and a garden plot we fill with plastic flamingos is okay by me! But every year or so, I get a burst of inspiration and buy a couple of hanging planters. I have this crazy idea it will make the patio look so inviting and cozy, and maybe even someday I might extend that to a houseplant!
Then, inevitably, this happens.

That poor plant deserved better than my black thumb.
Um, water the plants much? LOLOL!
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's your fault so much as the weather! Some water may revive it - I'm always amazed at how quickly my neglected plants bounce back to life!
ReplyDeletePlants need water and shade just like people.
ReplyDeleteGardening isn't for everybody.
ReplyDeleteTaking photos in gardens may be your thing..
Aw, kitty!
ReplyDeleteI have such a brown thumb - it is survival of the fittest in my house.