Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Last Outfits of 2010

Had a couple of days at work last week before sliding into this glorious three-day weekend.

Wednesday:


This is the new White House Black Market black ruffled long sweater and the cute pink ribbon belt. I paired it with a teal cami for contrast and my black Gap modern bootcuts. The thing that amazed me about the sweater is that even though it is long and ruffled like a cascading sweater, the clasps down the front and the tapered waist make it fit close to my body -- so it can be worn with pants other than skinnies without looking too voluminous everywhere. We had a lot of snow so I was in my Dania boots (not shown because of slush issues).

Thursday:


It felt like a day to wear my little-worn green velvet burnout scarf. I've had it for at least fifteen years (I wore it to my college roommate's wedding), but I've probably only found the right outfit for it a half-dozen times since. I loved wearing draped carelessly like this, but it really needed a scarf pin to hold it in place. I will swing by the local consignment store soon and see if they have a simple silver one.

The rest of the outfit was worn in service of the scarf: dark green Halogen cami, black Forth & Towne wrap sweater, gray Gap modern bootcuts, and my black Naturalizer booties. I also found the cutest bracelet from Target in multi-stones in the bottom of my bracelet basket that I had forgotten I had bought this summer, so I pulled that into service too for contrast.

Friday:


Had the day off HURRAY, and it was still a glorious 50-degree day. I didn't have much to do that day besides grocery shop and run a few errands before spending the evening with my husband, but my jeans are still dirty from Vegas. So the brown NYDJ skinny pontes came out with the brown suede BOC clogs. On top I wore a loose white half-tee/half-blouse from Nordstrom, my mustard LOFT boyfriend cardigan, and two gold necklaces.

I looked so cute as I proceeded to lock myself out of my house! LOL! Had to text Hubby and have him come open the door for me. Here is a snippet of our conversation:

Him: 45 minutes away. Where will you be?
me: I am in 4 inch heels. Not going anywhere!

++++++

I am fighting against my closet again these days. I have a lot of outfits in my head that I would like to wear, but the pieces I have that make up those outfits still don't fit yet. I am down 10 pounds from the MF plan -- and I am so happy that I was able to maintain that loss through Vegas and the busiest parts of the holiday season -- but that isn't quite enough to get me down to the next size. We are talking about pants and skirts primarily. So the battle between my wallet and my head begins: do I hunker down and wear what I have for the next month-plus and hope I keep going down the scale, or do I buy a couple of refresher pieces now in the size I am?

I think I've already decided: I'm heading up to the outlet mall today to check out the Ann Taylor Outlet. It is one of the few stores that carry my size IN the store; I don't want to order online, I would like some instant gratification. Hopefully there will be an interesting skirt or two to breathe some new life into my tired remixes.

4 comments:

  1. The teal is great and I love your belt. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green burn-out scarf and the way you casually have it draped. So chic. Have a terrific year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, lady, you are looking STELLER! Every single outfit is fab, and you are looking so fit and trim :) And I love your "4 inch heels" comment. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "in-between" sizes is definitely one of the annoying things about weight loss. It's hard to justify spending the money, but at the same time, it sucks to be wearing clothes that don't fit quite right. I think the outlet mall is a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete