Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My new winter wear

Hello! Sorry for the mini-break in posting; I've been fighting the remains of a cold since last week and have been too lazy and tired to bring the photo card from my camera to my computer at night. Weirdly, I am also having a lot of trouble getting dressed this week, I think for a couple of reasons:

1. The clothes I selected for the 30-in-30 Challenge were chosen because they fit me right now -- and pretty much they are ALL that fit me right now. So as much as I don't want to keep wearing the clothes from the challenge, that's all I got. Whoops.

2. The weather transitioned into bitter cold, but my pre-challenge closet is still set for mid-fall with lots of short-sleeved tops and thin sweaters. Whoops again.

I am going to have to do some major rearranging this weekend in there so the appropriate things are at my fingertips and the rest is buried in back for a while, but for this week I am struggling a bit. BUT! I did do some Christmas shopping for myself and put together a cute winter outdoor outfit.



(Imagine my Dansko Kylees on my feet instead of my pajamas and bare feet, LOL!)

The tote is new from Nordstrom, from their Halogen line. LOVE it in the cobalt blue! It's the perfect size for my laptop and papers for work but isn't as clunky and ugly as my work-issued computer bag. It will also be great for traveling to Vegas, methinks.

The gloves I picked up at Macys during the Black Friday shopping weekend. They have little pads on the index and thumb so allegedly you can use them with your iPhone, but that feature doesn't quite work as well as I would like. Good thing the color is so cool! I am not usually a citron/sour yellow person, but it works when it's on my hands. :)

The scarf is the YLF-beloved peacock scarf from Nordstrom. I normally would have gone for one of the brighter shades, but something about the brown undertone appealed to me. And now I am all matchy with my outdoor accessories!



Close up:


What I really like about all this is that it takes away from the boringness of my black coat and black purse. I will probably switch out the scarf for a warmer one soon, but as long as my commute is just across the parking lot to my car, this definitely suffices.

11 comments:

  1. Great outfit. Love how the accessories were worked in. How do you do that? I n v u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat, love the scarf! Hope you are on the mend. Still fighting this cold/flu/bug here in the frozen Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen! We've been sick off and on for several weeks too - something has been going around and refuses to disappear for good :( Love the citron gloves with the scarf. Like you, I found my peacock scarf (last year's model) to be decently warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and I love how the scarf pulls the tote and gloves in! Or is it vice-versa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been sick! Hope you're on the mend now.

    I love, love, love that scarf. Do Nordstrom's ship to the UK I wonder.....?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of your commute :) I love those colors together against the black coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorbs! From a distance the scarf reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night painting - love how you tied everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! That's some awesome accessorizing in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous accessories, Kristen! I love the yellow gloves and the blue bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharp-looking coat outfit! Isn't this the coat from Target that's temporary? I think the high-quality scarf/bag/gloves, which you'll wear at any size are the way to go.

    I see you skipped a hat - hair issues?

    I'm always be interested to see what you do for outerwear. I have a long commute on a bus/train/walk so outdoors style is big for me.

    ReplyDelete