
Yes. I did it. And I loved it.

This challenge has made me aware of something: I really love prints. Solid on solid, day after day, is making me feel cranky and boxed in. I want to shop, I want to raid the rest of my closet, I want. More. Prints.
So I overdosed on them today.

What surprised me about this outfit was that it really needed the black scarf around the neck. It wasn't to create some distance between the prints -- I actually kept the edges tucked under the jacket most of the day, but scoop neckline of the top and the square neckline of the jacket were not working together well. Problem solved!

I wore this to a vendor demo I have spent the last two weeks frantically organizing; we had a couple of hiccups in the beginning but in the end I think it was a productive day for my attendees. And now *crosses fingers* it is off my plate and I can concentrate on some of the other big projects I have going on.
Okay one last thing about the outfit, and the diet: I am really, really, enjoying how much better my pants fit now. It's impossible to show with black pants and poor lighting, but let's just say it's a relief to taken them off at night and not have to deal with those angry red indents from the buttons on my waist. And my dupa is looking much, much better. Trust me on that!

A good fashion day. I love those.
Top: LOFT polka dot ruffled tank
Scarf: Black thick cotton, (Gap?), with trimmed fringe
Jacket: Tria embellished tweed, Nordstrom (Narrative dept)
Pants: Gap black modern bootcuts
Shoes: Pikilinos mary janes
Bracelet: gold wire cuff, hmmmm, maybe BR Outlet? Don't remember, sorry!
So happy to read how positive you are feeling about yoru good fashion day and better fitting pants!
ReplyDeleteMake sure you get by my blog today, I have a little fashion on there... nothing compared to what you do, but still, I think you'll enjoy it.
ooh I love this fun polka dot blouse and the detailing on your jacket is divine!
ReplyDeleteWearing It On My Sleeves
Love the pattern mixing and the detailing on your jacket is fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pattern mixing. I love your energy for this challenge!
ReplyDeleteThe Auspicious Life