
Bad.

Ass.
Seriously. Badass.

That was how this outfit made me feel: totally badass and ready to take on all comers. Which was a good thing, because it was a rough day at work and I needed some badass juju to ward off any trouble. And it worked!
I felt like I was channeling Erin at Work With What You've Got: the skinny black pants, the long Target top (I think she has this exact one), the fitted black jacket. My Franco Sarto Deer oxford heels were a bit more delicate than hers tend to be, but it was my outfit not hers, after all. I go nowhere without my Francos! :)
The pants are the Gap Really Skinnies (pants, not jeans), and I am absolutely in love with them! The fabric is very stretchy, like the BR Martin Fits, and they are just ridiculously comfortable. I like the tunic look but since I only wear jeans on the weekends, I can wear the look to work instead with these pants. Plan on seeing them a lot.
The jacket is a thrifted Talbots that I got in CT with my sister last year. It is also my SYC Challenge item; I don't think I've worn it more than once since I brought it home. Which is a shame, because it has great detail and a nice fit at the waist. I will try to incorporate it more this year.
But look who wanted to say hi! He's missed you guys.

Then he laid back on his window perch and watched me pose for the camera. Tough life he leads, don't you think?

Pretty soon the leaves will be green behind him. They are starting to turn in other parts of town.

+++++
Thank you for the really kind words after yesterday's post. It's pretty embarrassing to put myself out there like that, but I have a pretty awesome group of readers and I appreciate every one of you! You guys are way too kind.
Love.it.
ReplyDeleteYou look FIERCE!
This makes me want to go look for all those pieces. I love me some Francos too!
ReplyDeleteI have a girl crush on the way those pants fit you.The whole look is so well coordinate you could be in a magazine.I so want to wear something like that.
ReplyDeleteGreat alternative for your dresses and cardigans wich also look fab.
I DO have that top, but it looks fabulous on you!~
ReplyDelete(my DOG sleeps in a window seat just like that!)
Those are killer pants, girl - you are a rocker at heart, I can tell.
ReplyDeleteAw, to George. My Inigo is sleeping on my lap as I type this. :)
Woot woo! Badass in a professional way! I absolutely LOVE it. Is that Target top still out there? Cuz I totally want to copy you, LOL.
ReplyDeleteYes, please do incorporate that great jacket more often. It looks so classic and versatile. It would be a shame to have it languish in the closet.
ReplyDeleteTHAT is the BEST feeling ever... like you can grab the world by the Ba**S!
ReplyDeleteHaha, sorry about that.
It truly shows you have everything under control in that picture !
Squee!! George is so adorbs!
ReplyDeleteLOL, thanks everyone! A "girlcrush", I am cracking up!
ReplyDeleteOh, and Fashion Addict: the Meron Target top is still on the website, in a wide variety of colors and patterns, but not this black and white one. I also have it in red, and I am seriously considering the teal one.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.target.com/Mossimo-Black-V-Neck-Tank-Print/dp/B003IP4GWC/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_3
Total badass - - you look fab!!
ReplyDeleteWow that outfit is definitely total badass personnified - love it!!
ReplyDeleteThe last two photos of George made my heart melt. What a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE these skinnies on you, Kristen. Totally kickass AND work appropriate. That's wonderful that they worked so well for you! Would they work well under your wonderful boot collection too, when the chilly winter temperature kicks in? They are pretty slim through the knee and calf, so I wonder if they would!