Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Monday: Somebody misses you guys!

The downside to taking outdoor photos is that a certain someone can't stroll into the frame and visit his internet friends. But he managed a way on Monday!

DSC_6627

George says hello!

The outfit itself was no great shakes: new grey swirled tee from Kohls (Lauren Conrad, really? really), black Merona skirt, slate grey open cardigan, too-tight black Alfani sandals. My ankles have been swollen lately, a combination of poor diet, not enough water, and 18 million miles of walking while the Nephew was in town.

I am also unsure about this cardigan; I've had it for while but there is something about the flat color of the blue that is off. It never quite works with anything on me, including the two neutrals in this outfit! Hmmm.

DSC_6628

Big stretch! He's such a ham.

11 comments:

  1. You got it exactly correct: that blue is too flat. You need something brighter. Other than that, it's a nice outfit.

    I feel like one big swollen ankle these days with the humidity levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of blue with the gray under. Sometimes muted is very sophisticated. Love the sleeves. Your cat wants to be a star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on the swollen ankles, but yours don't look it at all. Bummer that you have trouble with the blue; the shape makes it so perfect for air conditioned summer offices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to George! I have a turtleneck tunic sweater that same color from now defunct M&O and agree about the color being challenging. I wear it with a matching scarf that has grey and the same blue, but then I'm never sure whether to wear black pants (seems kinda harsh) or denim (seems kinda tone-on-tone). Maybe with white?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, I really like that color blue.....is the kind of color I love, but if you feel like it does nothing for you, get rid of it. You should feel fabulous every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cardi, and think you can make it work. What about pairing it with something that has a little sparkle? Sequins, beading or irridescent?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I missed George! Hello, kitty!

    I have a tough time with that blue shade as well - what's up with that??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might try that cardi with a warm brown bottom.

    Sometimes we just end up with stuff like that. My motto is, "don't buy things to go with it hoping it will tranform into something you love." One mistake shouldn't drive your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your poor feet and ankles...swelling hurts!

    George is too cute - love that he found a way into the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. George is awesome!! We missed him too. :-)

    I love the cardi!!!!!! For something a little different you could try treating it as the neutral - I think it would be nice with yellow or bright pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, too cute with your little kitty. I like how soothing the pallette is...but then again, I haven't been so much into color the past few weeks, haha.

    ReplyDelete