
My friend Jessie and I went to yoga in Millenium Park again this Saturday morning, this time armed with yoga mats. I know this seems like a dark outfit, but the walking sneakers and blue hoodie came off as soon as we got there, so instead I had on the red Gap tanktop and black yoga shorts. I don't know why it took me so long, but I finally broke down and pulled back my hair in that piecemeal way I see so many people wear: clips for the bangs and an elastic for the back. Not the best look ever, but after a 12-hour day in relentless sun and heat, it did the trick!
Pulling my hair back also helped when I was seeing the world like this:

HEE! The whole set is on my other blog.
+++++
In other news, I have been making more of an effort to eat better. I'm not 100% there yet, but my new cute Bento lunchbox is definitely helping. This was its inaugural lunch:

-Seeded bread with natural peanut butter and Babybel cheese
-red and green grapes
-strawberries
-non-fat yogurt
-granola bar
I'm trying out The Abs Diet, from the freebie I won from Helen at Doing a 180. Thanks, Helen! The book has a lot of interesting ideas about powerfoods, and I am working on incorporating all of them into my meals. It takes some getting used to, but so did the Core plan for WW, and I loved that one. My goal is just to eat healthier, and I know that will make it easier for the pounds to come back off.
The lunchbox idea I stole from Diana at Smiles Go with Everything. She has been posting her Bento lunches over the weekend lately, and they look so appetizing and refreshing (and OMG that box is cute), I decided to get one of my own. I have an assortment of lunch carriers; I like to make my food as appetizing as possible. It inspires me to EAT IT instead of going out. (Or so I tell myself!)
Yummy!
ReplyDeleteI think brown-bagging or boxing gives you more control. Do you eat this all at once or throughout the day?
I can eat a big breakfast and without fail when I arrive at work I'm ready for "second breakfast."
I have a mini-muffin pan and I try to keep those in my freezer and take them because the muffins from the cafeteria are huge and I once I get started I "have" to eat the entire thing.
Love your Bento lunch box...Where did you find it?
ReplyDeleteI'd like to know where you got the Bento box too! I've been looking for one but I keep finding these tiny ones that wouldn't even hold a lunch, only snacks. Glad you're enjoying the book - I have several recipes from that book that I use regularly.
ReplyDeleteI have to ask the same question as the others: where did you find it? I need to get one so I don't hit Starbucks on my lunch/dinner breaks.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the brand of your Bento Box. I have one, but it's too small and doesn't have enough inner containers.
ReplyDeleteWhen I USED to be able to eat my lunch at work (ugh, new dumb boss), I tried to pack my food into cute containers and make it as visually appealing as possible. Was quite fun, and I would be all over that Bento box if I didn't have to leave the building.
ReplyDeleteYay for bento boxes! Mine has totally changed the way I look at lunch, and it makes planning and preparing food so much more fun.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to ask, did you get the Bento Buddies set with it too? That set has the larger container that I often use for salads, and it lets you have lids on all your containers.
Wow, that is a super cute lunch! I'm going to have to look at finding my own box!
ReplyDeletei have 2 Laptop Lunch kits, and i LOVE them -- im always amazed at how much food fits in there!
ReplyDeleteYAY! That looks SO GOOD:
ReplyDeleteI am going to google bento box.... it sure helps to eat better when food is presented so well.
Keep up the good work :)
I love that you posted your lunch. Keep doing it!
ReplyDelete