Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday: Treat your Girls Well

DSC_5587

I am SO READY for spring, you guys. Why is not here yet? Shopping Friend and I were lamenting last night about our piles of new sandals waiting to be worn, but the temperature is stubbornly staying in the 40s. No fair!

I am doing my part by wearing all my spring kickass Kohls dresses. Today's was paired with my purple AT boyfriend cardigan, white camisole, pocketwatch necklace from Urban Outfitters, black textured hose and black Vince Camuto boots. I can't decide if it's the gradual shift to warmer weather or just a change in my fashion preferences, but I am finding I prefer to wear shorter cardigans with my dresses right now; the problem is I don't have many of those, and the ones I do are short-sleeved. Drat, I think I need to do a little shopping!

Speaking of which, my friend Jessie and I were supposed to go thrifting this weekend, but we got waylaid by a necessary and life-altering experience first: we went for bra fittings at Nordstrom. I try to go every six months, particularly since my body has undergone such dramatic shifts in the last 18 months, but for Jessie it had been a long, long while. By the end, I think she was a convert to the idea (and also to the expensive bra concept, hehehe); she stood taller, felt better, and looked OUTSTANDING. She just kept marveling at how much better her back felt immediately. I too had changed sizes again, and the pretty new one I bought made everything fit differently. It made everything fit RIGHT.

A bra fitting is as essential to our physical well-being as a trip to the dentist or doctor, no matter what your cup size. When was the last time you had one? Treat your girls well!

DSC_5588
Hey, what are you looking at? ;-)

14 comments:

  1. I hear you on the weather! It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow, but I'll believe that when I see it :)

    Thanks for sharing the advice about the bra fittings though! I had my first one ever last fall, and it was a great experience, but I seriously had no idea you were supposed to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always gone with my mother and sister, but never had one myself because I never thought I needed it, being rather unimpressively endowed....maybe I should reconsider? This dress DOES look outstanding on you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the weather improves soon for you. After a brutal 6 mos of snow it is finally 70 here in Boulder, CO today!

    9 weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been there in ages.... but it is true... a good bra can, well, LIFT your spirits. !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, you make me laugh; "Jessie's purchase made her look outstanding. Sorry, had to say it, bc it made me giggle.
    Oh, and your "what are you looking at?!" line. haha (I was looking at your outfit, how it fit nicely, and your pretty locket! "cross my heart".)

    Thanks for the uplifting post. Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had a real bra fitting, because I don't think the girl at Victoria's Secret who ran a tape measure around my chest really knew what she was doing, but I've always meant to get a bra fitting, even if it's just so they can tell me which padded bra would work best for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to get a bra fitting ASAP. I have never had one... but I plan to go to Intimacy when I get back to Chicago. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally went to Nordstrom for a bra fitting a few weeks ago...best thing I've done in quite awhile! Plus, they have such beautiful, well-made bras...amazing! I tried to find myself some kick-ass Kohl's dresses this past weekend...for some reason, dresses that are narrowest right under the bust line just look funky on me. They look amazing on you and I was sad that I couldn't quite swing any of the beautiful new dresses you've shown us...believe me, I tried :) Imitation is the highest form of flattery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear, a well-fitting bra can make you look ten pounds thinner, instantly! I recently got new (smaller, again) bras and feel so much better in my clothes!

    BTW, I bought that exact same dress. And I have a BF cardi in that color - not that I'm copying you or anything...;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot agree with you more about bra fittings. I just got my first real fitting at Nordstroms a few weeks ago, and found out that I was wearing the wrong size. I bought three bras that day, and now I look better in my outfits, I feel more comfortable, and my confidence got a nice boost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love this dress - it reminds me of Tetris! (I'm showing my age.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all!

    Amy and Shelley, how flattering! Heh. I should do a post about body type soon; someone else on YLF tried the green St. Pat's dress but her body type didn't work with it either. It's important to know your shape in general so you can learn what to look for in the right cuts of dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shorter cardis totally goes with warmer weather. I am feeling that way too, for sure!

    ReplyDelete