Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesday: Are Two teals monochrome, or Kodakchrome?

A girl can only take wearing remixed outfits for so long; it was time to bust out with something new!

DSC_5345
(Head chopped off to protect the innocent.)

I am crazy, ridiculously in love with this Suzi Chin by Maggie Boutique dress. I picked it up while downtown at Nordstrom Rack with my friend Jessie, and it was love at first sight. The ruffles! The color! The ruffles!

It's short-sleeved so it will be wearable all-year round; can you picture it this spring with a pair of nude heels and a cute purse? I can. I did wear it out to dinner with Hubby last weekend but I paired it with a grey cardigan. I had it on again when I remembered this teal cardigan from AT Factory in the back of my closet. I'm not a matchy person, but these two teal together just had to be worn. I added a faux turquoise cuff but I think a yellow one may work even better next time.

DSC_5346

Here it is with a grey cardigan, so you can see why I was drawn to the monochromatic teal today. It's fine with it, but the second teal raises the bar, I think.
DSC_5257

Eeeee! I love this dress.

+++++++

Rebecca asked me in the last entry how I put together my photo collection of the remixes. The answer is: cut and paste from Flickr. I have a huge Flickr account -- I am also a hobby photographer -- and I put all my outfits together in weekly sets and collections so I can look through them together. I find the photo I want and choose All Sizes to grab the small size, then C&P into my Blogger entry. It was definitely a labor of love to do! :)

Speaking of Flickr, here is my neighbor's back patio after a foot of snow last week.

DSC_5295

I doubt they'll be having a picnic out there anytime soon!

12 comments:

  1. That dress is GORGEOUS. The two shades of teal look so elegant together and work beautifully with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally coveting that dress right now. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This my friend is a stunner for sure!!

    And I agree - the teals together are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress. It is gorgeous on you! Definitely the teal sweater with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the "photo tutorial"! I appreciate it. And my vote is for the teal& teal! What a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all -- expect to see the dress a lot more as it warms up! It is the color of the season... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen! I love the teal-on-teal combo. Just caught up reading your blog after a few days away and wanted to say I was touched by the last few entries and everything that's going on with you. Huge respect for the way you're getting back on track. (((HUGS))) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, doing the teal cardi with that gorgeous dress was the perfect choice! I like the cuff but that's certainly a part of it that would be great to mix up. Yellow would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know what else I think will look really cute with that dress in the spring? PINK!!! You could totally wear a nice raspberry pinkish sweater over it or wear it with the short sleeves and pink/hot pink shoes and tights or just shoes, depending on the weather. How cute is that dress? I love teal, so I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove the two teals together! And that dress is gorgeous, cannot WAIT to see it dressed up for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, I love the pink idea! I will see if I can pull it off. Yellow too.

    Laura, thanks for the hugs and the support. Where have you been, stranger? I've missed seeing you around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is unbelievble beautiful.It will be great for spring.I envy you a little it for that dress in that color, with those ruffles.

    ReplyDelete