This is how it started:

This black lantern-sleeved Loft dress is the very first size 10 I ever bought. I got it in the early spring last year, right in the beginning when I was starting to realize dresses could really be a fabulous option for me. I anticipated using this dress for dressier occasions, like dinners out with my husband, etc. And I have worn it for those moments, but it also works well as a day dress. It's a great knit and I love the way the neck swoops down but still covers everything discreetly.
Today I paired it with a rhubarb-pink Lands End turtleneck, pewter lariat BR necklace, light grey tights under black patterned ones, and my beloved Franco Sarto patent heeled oxfords in grey. But that's not all! This version of the outfit was what I was planning to wear at my afternoon meeting. For the office, I added a new moto jacket. YES!

The moto is from Target. Target! It's been all the rage over on YLF, in the cream version especially, but I didn't think I needed one so I didn't pay much attention. Then I was wandering through Target last weekend and spotted both colors. The cream did nothing for me, as expected, but I fell HARD for the black. Wouldn't you? Check out the details!


Seriously great. I got a ton of compliments on it today, so much so I kept it on for my afternoon meeting.

Man, this made me so happy. I've been dying to work in an office where I could have fun with my outfits, and this is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to do.
But wait! There's more!
I ended up remixing again, for my coworker A. She's been battling breast cancer and recently lost her hair to chemotherapy. In solidarity for her, we all wore pink ribbon bandanas all day today. So really, this is what I looked like today:

We're with you, A!
And now what has become my favorite part of this challenge: looking back at all the ways I have worn this dress in the past.






It's such a pretty shape I hate to ruin the lines with sweaters or jackets over it. I have other black dresses I can wear those with. This one is best on its own or with layers under it.
adorable! And what a sweet thing to do for/with your co-worker. :)
ReplyDeleteKiller moto jacket! Today's remixed remix is by far my favorite way you've worn the dress. You look like a real biker chick with your bandana and moto ... have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteIt really IS a GREAT dress! I especially like the plainest way you wore it - the very last photo of the bunch! You look great with the moto jacket, too...I'm just making my "favorite" evaluation based on what I (a 61 year old un-biker chick) would wear :)
ReplyDeleteThat jacket is pretty cool! I think my favorite look is the 5th one, where you have the open red sweater on.
ReplyDeleteI am absolutely in LOVE with that jacket. I liked the outfit without the jacket, but the jacket really kicked the whole look up a notch - fabulous!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely the PERFECT LBD. Looks fantastic on you no matter how you wear it.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I love your solidarity move! And that dress is divine! It's a gorgeous shape. This week, your posts have really reminded me of the importance of good dresses. Yours are so lovely!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome on its own, with layers under it. I think my fave was with the nude heels though!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you are layering your tights in these challenges!