
I am seeing many other bloggers starting to take outdoor photos and wearing lighter outfits as spring approaches. We just got another 4 inches of heart-attack snow dumped on us yesterday; spring is a long, long ways away in my neck of the woods! I have, however, been able to take my white puffer coat to the dry cleaner and been able to "only" wear my long wool coat instead. Yay?
Anyway, it's going to be winter wear here for a while at LFD. Which is fine because I've still got my new fab Alfani dress to enjoy! I wore the self-belt tied in back today so the bronze-brown scarf (a birthday gift from a friend) could take center stage. I remixed the new pointelle black cascading sweater from Target with it; it will kill me to hide those adorable sleeves with a longer sweater so I'm putting it off for another day. No closeup but I double-layered a black patterned tight with an off-black plain pair, and wore my rich brown Franco Sarto riding boots to finish it all off.


The scarf knot idea came from Une Femme d'un certain age, who has great scarf tutorials. This one is ridiculously easy but looks complex, and it's perfect for all the oblong scarves I have (which is a lot). Speaking of which, I've been exchanging emails with a reader about closet size and inventory, and I'm considering doing a post about it. My closet space is actually pretty small so I tend to assume my inventory is pretty small too, but in doing an actual count of items I don't think my analysis is correct. Would a post about my inventory, and clothes inventories in general, be interesting to anyone?
++++++
Diet news: Had my official weigh-in Monday, and I am down 7.8 pounds. That's a killer first week on Medifast! Of course, losses will be much smaller after this, but I do like when that first week is a good one. I feel like it bodes well for the future.
The first week was rough until I reached ketosis on Sunday, but I stuck with it and didn't go off-plan. I suspect this time is going to be mentally much tougher than last year, as the snacking goodies in the office are multiplying. It's a very high-pressure environment of all women, and chocolate and cookies are at every meeting and on everyone's desk. Luckily, there is almost always fruit too, so I'm going to concentrate on that when I am ready to join in again. For now, I bring my tastiest, snackiest bar in with me and leave it right in front of my notebook.
I added running back into my routine yesterday as well, restarting Week 7 of the C25K plan. It's only three more weeks to the St. Pat's 5K, and I will be ready!
Okay, it's only 5:15 but it's about time to start getting ready for work. I have a full plate of internal meetings all morning and a metric ton of desk work to do; going in extra-early seems like a good idea today...
++++++
P.S. Jane at The Small Fabric of My Life has issued the Spring Wardrobe Capsule Challenge for next week. Who's participating? I found it great fun last fall, and will be doing it again. I'm already hemming and hawing over what my 10 items will be. It's much trickier than you think!
What a great result for your weight loss effort this week! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI liked the dress the first time I saw it. With the pattern though, I couldn't imagine ways to wear it. But this one is great. The scarf completely changes the outfit. I have SO much to learn.
Love the scarf! Love the weight loss even more! Congratulations.
ReplyDeletethanks for the reminder about the wardrobe capsul challenge! i am going to try to participate, but ive got a busy week coming up, so id best get to planning!
ReplyDeleteI'm interested in your wardrobe inventory...it would be great to have an idea of what pieces are considered essential.
ReplyDeleteNICE WORK on losing nearly 8 pounds!!! Way to hit the ground running!
I adore the bravery that must be involved with the Capsule Wardrobe challenge. I do not know that I have it in me.
ReplyDeleteYour weather sounds like mine. It's a huge win to just not wear a puffer coat and be freezing, LOL. Love the outfit and your steller use of neutrals. You look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dress! FANTASTIC on the loss too! Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the scarf tutorial link! I have been wondering how you do your scarves; even attempted to 'copy' it, but to no avail until TODAY!! Woo hoo. Yes, guess how I wore it today. A lady in DSW said "fun scarf". So thanks for my fun scarf, K!
ReplyDeleteChrissy
Whoo, glad it helped, Chrissy! How fun.
ReplyDeleteThat is a seriously cute outfit!
ReplyDeleteMy motto is:
If it ain't broke... hey, I gotta sledgehammer ;)
It's that dress again! So fab. The whole outfit is yummy. I love how you tied the scarf. I'm learning so much about how to tie my scarfs lately. It's exciting!
ReplyDelete