Sunday, January 17, 2010

13-in-13 Challenge: Week 6 complete

Let's just jump right in and recap my commitments.

1. LOSE WEIGHT.
Weight: ????
LOSS: I doubt it.

I did something I haven't done in five months: I skipped my WW meeting. On purpose.

I just did not want to go this week. I ate horribly all week, and I knew I had gained at least a pound back. I did not want to see that on my tracker, I wanted my Saturday morning to myself, and I decided that I would skip for ONE WEEK ONLY and see what happens. So I did, and I got a lot accomplished at home instead. I wish I had had a better week, but I don't feel guilty about skipping and my commitment is strangely renewed despite not going.

2. Eat one vegetable-based meal a day.
Hmmm, what does it say in my tracker? (I did track eventually, on Thursday I went back and made myself write down everything I had been eating. It wasn't pretty.) Ah, here it is: I did this 2 out of 7 days. Blerg.

3. Do at least 2 different types of exercise each week.
I completed Week 3 of C25K; this meant doing 2 rounds of 90 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, 3 minutes running, 3 minutes walking. It felt good; I am looking forward to increasing my running times next week.

But I didn't get a second exercise type in this week. Hrm. Does taking down Christmas decorations count? :)

4. Limit my sweets/dessert/treats to 3-4 per week.
Oh, hahahaha. It wasn't my sweet tooth that got me this week, it was salty fast food. McDonald's, Taco Bell, McDonald's again...I don't know what caused the cravings -- probably my TOM -- but I fed it repeatedly. Blerg again.

++++++

Okay. Not great. But it's a new week, I'm really looking forward to running, and I want to go back next Saturday to my meeting at least where I was last week. I'm going to keep tracking, keep eating my tasty bag of clementines, and make myself a nice batch of homemade sauce to eat with my spaghetti squash. I am halfway through my 13-week challenge now and I am still 1.8 pounds OVER where I started. 13 pounds obviously isn't realistic anymore, but I do want to have made some headway before I get to my birthday. So...onward!

7 comments:

  1. i have been reading up on C25K and considering starting, but it has been SO COLD in the DC area, so i keep putting it off. i would love yo hear how it goes for you -- it seems like lots of people give up around week 5, so keep up the good work and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a rough week, but I went to WW. I'm up, over my goal...0.8 and I would have had to pay! Eek! Strangely, this has only resolved my goal to shape up and give myself a kick in the pants to get down to the 8 pounds under my goal that I like to be at.

    Thank you for always posting your updates, Kristen - I find them inspiring and motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough week, but I know you'll take it in stride and make next week better. I struggle with different issues, but I too take stock of my good weeks and bad weeks. This week wasn't good because I know I'll be traveling next week, and therefore unable to (totally) control when and how much I eat -- this makes me incredibly uncomfortable. So this week I was cutting back to make up for it, and that's NOT ALLOWED. I did okay -- my husband made me dinner several nights, which is something he's started doing to help me because I'll eat anything he cooks me, but when left to myself I failed.

    I just wanted you to know I'm thinking good thoughts for you. It's always a struggle, but tomorrow is always a chance to do better. I know you know this: sometimes it helps to hear it, though. :)

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good thing I'm finding about running is that no matter what, if you keep at, your endurance improves.

    Thanks for your suggestions for workout music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for buckling down with Week 3 of couch to 5K. I really would love to get back into that program but do not like running outside when it's pouring rain. (We're just getting wet weather while the rest of the country is getting snow.) I guess I should just bring my podcast music to the gym and do the 25 minute workout on the treadmill.

    I was bad this week with eating as well. Not so fab. :( But I did have great, fresh vegetarian pizza cooked on whole wheat dough. Have you ever tried that? It's pretty easy to make at home and is a good way to get in your veggie count if you add zucchini, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evanadine, this is my second time through C25K; week 5 is when it kicks up to "real" running, but I am ready for it. If you can find an indoor track, I highly recommend using it. I love mine!

    Sheila, good for you for going to meeting and paying for it. We will get ourselves back down to fighting weight! :) I appreciate the encouragement too; it's getting pretty embarrassing to keep stumbling, but I have to keep forging ahead or I'm doomed.

    Julia, thank you so much for reaching out. It is something I need to hear from others sometimes, and I appreciate you saying it. Good luck next week; we will persevere.

    WaS, enjoy the music; I sure do! I'm actually kind of amazed at how my endurance didn't collapse as completely as I thought when I lagged off with the running this fall; so far in the first three weeks I haven't felt like I have really pushed myself yet. The last time I did this, each week was a whole new struggle on its own. This time has been infinitely easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops, Kari, we were posting at the same time! Yes, get yourself on the treadmill or whatever you can to keep running. It feels so good!

    We used to make pizza at home but haven't in a long while. Hmmmm, might be worth suggesting eventually to Hubby!

    ReplyDelete