ANYWAY. Onto to the reason you are here. :)

(Please note my idiot cat once again busting his way through the door. Seriously, George cannot resist coming in when he hears me taking pictures; he is the nosiest cat EVER.)
Part of me feels very guilty because the skirt had been packed away in my too-big clothes, and it's had to come back out. I got tired of the narrow number of clothes that truly fit right now while I'm working on re-losing the Last 18 again so I went digging through my donation boxes. The good news was that I don't actually have many 12s (I was already doing all-dresses by the time I hit that size) and the 14s are way too big on me. Even this skirt, a lovely ponte a-line from Forth&Towne (a hand-me-down from Shopping Friend) is a little large but still wearable.
I still feel like I am failing somehow by moving back up a size; I think I'm going to need to work on that mentally because I suspect as the years go on I will often teeter between a 10 and 12; this weight I am at now is one I have maintained several times after losing weight over the years. I don't want to be at it again, I want to be at least 15 pounds and several inches smaller as my optimum weight, but this seems to be the setpoint my body likes to sit at when I'm only halfheartedly eating and exercising right. I need to accept that this might happen from time to time; otherwise I am afraid I will beat myself up for gaining and then just continue to gain until I am back to where I started. Maybe if I acknowledge that this is the high point of my 'acceptable' weight spectrum I will stop it from going any further.
Maybe. I will ponder this more.
ANYWAY. It was a nice change to wear a skirt again; I haven't been going crazy replenishing my nice tops collection since I don't wear them often, but I've tried to be picky about it when I do. I found this one at the Rack a month ago, and fell madly in love. It's got a cute ruching at the front and back at the waist, the ties at the sleeves are darling, and it's great dressed up or down.


I wore a red Old Navy tank under it to extend the waistline and to help with any coverage issues if it moved around during the day; the ruching is great but it makes it sit awkwardly on me at times. I added my BR pewter tassle necklace, my chunky-style brown glasses -- but I saved the real fun for my tights and shoes.

Green tights! I almost felt like they were too young-ish looking but truthfully I didn't care. I really liked their contrast with the grey fabric Naturalizer bow shoes. For the first time in a long while, I felt like I had raised my game on mixing colors in an unexpected way.
Plus, anything that shows off the great cutout detail of those shoes is aces in my book. :)
Mmm, so this posting thing is pretty easy on the Macbook, now that I've figured out how to use the darned Apple key. LOL!
You look great! I love that top - the colors are wonderful. The green tights are a nice touch too! As for the current weight question, I do believe that there is a natural weight our bodies are comfortable mainting - like you said, with a moderate level of effort. I think keeping some things around for those up and down times is a perfect idea. If we go full force to keep ourselves at a less natural weight for too long, we'll just burn out and make it worse in the long run. I think you look wonderful no matter what the scale or the tag number reads.
ReplyDeleteWow, I think this is my favorite outfit of yours in a long time! It's nice to see your gorgeous natural waist (not hid under a cardi today), and the rich jewel tones colors are fabulous next to your complexion!! Also, those tights are NOT to young! They are perfect! You look fun and comfortable!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I wanted to suggest that maybe part of your poor mood with your body right now is your focus on the size, and inches. Maybe it would help to focus on how you "feel", do you feel out of shape? If so, then work on getting back to feeling cardiovascularly fit. Do you "feel" slow, sluggish, unhealthy? Then work on fixing that! You know what I mean?
Anyway, I think you look fabulous, but if you don't feel it, then I hope you feel btter about yourself soon!
I absolutely love this outfit. The top is just fantastic, and the tights are GREAT, and definitely not too young (maybe if they were lime green, but forest green is unexpected and chic, not too young or trendy). I also love the tank peaking out! And those shoes... well you just have great shoes my dear :)
ReplyDeleteAs for your weight/size fluctuations, I think Kendra & Kim are RIGHT ON! The scale is an EVIL machine that just makes us feel badly about ourselves. Looking good is all about feeling good, and sometimes when you fixate on a specific number or size, it's harder to feel good about yourself. I think you look absolutely fantastic RIGHT NOW!
Love those shoes with the green tights. Fab outfit!
ReplyDeleteYour top looks beautiful! I love the deep colors and the stripes sooo pretty.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are struggling with weight loss. I think some of the others girls gave really good advice. I think you are beautiful just the way you are. :-)
Your shoes are so so cute, and the green tights! How fun! I know how you feel about sizes, I just put all of my "skinny" pants all the way in the back of my closet because they are starting to feel just a little uncomfortable. I am not allowed to buy anything until they feel right again.
ReplyDeleteI. Want. Those. Shoes. They are perfect. With the tights, even better!! I hope you enjoy your new Macbook, too. They really are quite fun to use!
ReplyDeletexx
Kim, thanks! I am trying to learn new planning strategies for staying at a decent weight for the long haul; it never really occurred to me to have clothes in multiple sizes before.
ReplyDeleteKendra, heehee good point about not seeing my waist for a while! I'll work on that more; I've missed it too. I explained more in Sunday's post, but it isn't just the number or size that's bothering me. I don't feel healthy, fit, or good right now, but it's easier to explain that by using the shorthand of my clothes size.
Chelsea, glad the tights are right! I thought if I stuck with a darker shade of green it would work but I wasn't sure. As for the scale, I dunno; I tend to do more damage to myself if I don't pay attention when I start to feel a little off. I don't want it to go further than that this time.
LoP, thanks for commenting! It's always good to see you.
Bianca, that's very sweet. Trust me, I'm only being hard on myself so I don't get even more off-track.
Dina, I have been starting up a 'too small' side closet of things that don't quite fit right now but I want to get back into soon. I'm so sad it's come to that!
Julia, I often have major shoe envy reading your blog, so it's nice to know you're feeling it too sometimes! :)
Never tried a Mac but have heard wonderful things about them.Someday maybe ...
ReplyDeleteI love you top, it is so colorful and with cute details.
I also find hilarious the wy your cat is trying to squeeze himself to pass the door :)
Nurmisur, George butts into every shot I take, but most of the time he's already in the room. but i am acquiring a collection of shots where he's busting open the door. LOL!
ReplyDelete