I am back from my early Thanksgiving celebration with family in Arizona. Sadly, I was promptly felled by a cold as soon as I got off the plane back home (I think literally running flat-out 20 gates at the Dallas airport to catch my connection loosened up a lot of gunk in my chest), so I stayed home yesterday and took it easy. But I was well enough to do my yoga this morning so I am well enough to go into the office. Alas! :)
How did I do with my goals this week?
1. Attend WW meetings every week without skipping any.
I went to the Thursday night meeting since I was going to be out of town over the weekend. I really like this leader a lot; she's very good at engaging the members in real conversations, not just trying to get us to fill in the blanks exactly, like Saturday's does. I am going back to the Thursday meeting again this week.
The topic was about trying new traditions mixed in with the old ones, and I was able to put some of that to use during Thanksgiving #1 this weekend. They served all the old-fashioned classics, like green bean casserole and sweet potatoes with marshmallows. I filled half my plate with plain old peas-and-carrots, then took small scoops of everything else. Of course, I also ate my weight in crescent rolls, which probably defeated the peas-and-carrots victory. Ah well!
My own Thanksgiving will be much easier; I am serving a small turkey breast, my delicious cornbread-and-sausage stuffing, and the rest will be one huge pan of roasted veggies and potatoes. I'm looking forward to it!
2. Exercise 4 days a week minimum.
I. Exercised. Every. Single. Day.
That Wii Fitness Plus is awesome. At home, I alternated between yoga days and cardio days, then I wrote down all my yoga and stretching moves and brought them with me to Arizona. Did them every morning!
Interestingly, just doing yoga for days straight made me crave a good cardio workout. Wish I'd brought my running shoes there, but I got a good workout this morning, and I'm going to plan to get at least one run in this week. There is a Turkey Trot being held in the neighborhood down the street on Thanksgiving morning, and I'm considering doing it, just because.
3. Count my points in my Tracker.
Did it almost every day on the day, and filled it in the next day if I had missed. Definitely becoming a nice, solid habit now.
4. Cut back on the alcohol to 1-2 drinks a week.
Didn't have any. Next will be to cut back on sugar and cookies. :)
congrads on such big success! Keep at it! :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!! Such willpower! Sadly, I hve none :(
ReplyDeleteWay to go! It sounds like a great success for you!
ReplyDelete