
Looking at today's outfit, it's hard to believe it's the middle of July! Where the heck is summer? Sheesh.
Top: White crochet-neck ATL cotton top, purple AT boyfriend sweater
Scarf: from the Brookfield Zoo (!!)
Bottom: navy BR stretch pants
Shoes: brown croc patent Me Too flats
I bought this scarf a couple of years ago on a random trip to the local zoo. I have no idea what possessed me to buy it, and I think I've maybe only worn it once. But I love the colors and it finally came in handy on yet another cool summer day.

So pretty! Now if only that loose mesh knit wasn't already falling apart...
+++++
I picked up all my new items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, including the taupe leather trench. I know that I need everything for the upcoming season, and everything I bought is gorgeous and definitely all statement pieces that I will use to death, but...the amount I just dropped is giving me heart palpitations. Like I always do, I will do a fashion show for Hubby tomorrow, and will definitely keep the tags on everything until I decide for sure to keep it, but I think something stronger needs to take place as well.
I need to go on a shopping ban.
Now, in general shopping bans haven't been a good idea for me, particularly the last six months; it was foolish to not allow myself to buy clothes when my size was changing so drastically. But it's not really doing that now, and in order to really appreciate all the NAS fall clothes I just bought -- and to really utilize all the still-new summer clothes I have -- I think a shopping ban might be a very beneficial experience for me.
Better still, I know the perfect incentive and time frame: I will be on a shopping ban until I reach my goal weight.
If that doesn't spur me on to finishing off the end of the diet phase, honey, nothing will.
The only rule about the ban will be if I return something I can purchase something else of similar or lesser value. I was sneaky tonight -- I made sure I returned everything I already knew I was returning *before* I instituted the ban; so if I really want to buy something new, I have to return something I haven't worn yet and have the tags still on. (Which is a lot more clothes than you would think.)
There you have it. I am now officially on a shopping ban.
Wish me luck!
Ok, I'm out. Are shoes & purses included in the ban? Guess we'll be hanging out at the pool instead of heading to the mall in order to avoid temptation, for you. I'm not a good influence in talking someone OUT of doing something!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the ban, Kristen! But it can't last much longer until you ARE at goal weight, can it? Your body looks SO svelte and toned now. I hope that's okay to say.
ReplyDeleteI am amazed at how well you have dealt with the challenges of revamping your wardrobe every time you drop a size. You look stylish and comfortable in everything.
Enjoy your NAS purchases, and I hope that they either fit you for a good long time, or that they can be altered slightly if you *do* drop a size.
LOL, Kris! Not to worry, I am hopeful the ban won't last long -- I'm so close to goal, I'm using it as the last kick in the pants I need to get me all the way there. Besides, I would rather hang at the pool; I can't get anyone else to come and appreciate it like you do! The mall will be there in a few weeks when the ban is over. :) I've got less than 5 pounds to go, but they are the hardest 5 pounds!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cat!
Kari, please feel free to make any comments you want about how I look. That's part of why I wanted to start this blog; to speak openly about dieting and self-image and all that stuff that's intertwined. I lost weight many years ago, and I was full of hang-ups and issues about it; I remember very clearly my mother saying I was "too thin", and the terrible impact that had on my ability to keep off the weight. I don't want that to happen again, so I am hoping by talking about it, discussing all the different parts of it, I can learn to like where I am and keep myself healthy for the long run.
I'll be doing a NAS post soon, I suspect; I've got to try everything on at home, with all the right accessories and light, etc. And my camera!
Kristen you need to hide that cardie under lock and key. I am after a purple cardie in that exact shade!!! You look gorgeous as always!
ReplyDelete