
You wouldn't know it from this picture, but yesterday was a fashion disaster. It was one of Those Days, the ones that occur right on the one day of the month when you are your most bloated and cranky, when absolutely nothing fits right and your hair insists on going off in every direction and your face is all shiny and weird and even your shoes are letting you down and either squeezing your toes in a vice or falling off your heels with every step.
On one of Those Days, I usually resort to wearing black.
Black DSW flats, black Target flyaway sweater, black Target patent belt, black Loft lantern-sleeved knit dress. This dress has magical properties; no matter how fat or how skinny I am feeling (or weighing on the scale), it always fits perfectly. The tag says it's a 10, but it turns itself into an 8, a 12, even a 14. I have no idea how it does that, but I am grateful all the same!
The scarf is what pulled this outfit out of its complete Those Days slump; it's a fabulously soft infinity scarf from Nordstrom, an unexpected birthday gift from my two co-workers. Wasn't that the sweetest thing? I love those two!

I did find my white trench on mega-sale at Martin + Osa last weekend, and since it is suddenly getting very warm, I traded out my short wool coat finally for it. I love it! (Now you can see what I mean by Those Day's crazy hair and shiny face. Yikes!)

Just to top off the end of my Those Day, I should disclose that I am wearing a pair of nude "micro" fishnets from Vera Wang at Kohls, and just as I walked in the door after a 12-hour day, I proceeded to snag the knee on my computer bag and ruined them. SIGH.
The temps are going to be in the 70s today, and should stay like that through the weekend. You guys, I think...I think it's time for peeptoes and sandals. OH MY GOD.
Kinda nutty how quickly the warm days are ramping up. I suppose I should pull out my summer clothes and pack away my sweaters, but in APRIL?
ReplyDeleteYou look great, Kristin! I am also prone to shiny face and bad hair days - you're not alone! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the blue scarf and the new trench - wow!
Yay for sandals at least! I have terribly oily skin, so I know what you mean...but you know, from the thumbnail view, I thought that infinity scarf was a shirt, and my GOD it's a beautiful color! That had to have cheered you up a little, right :)
ReplyDeletexx
You see this is the beauty of working from home- my bathrobe always fits and my laptop doesn’t mind how shiny my face is...
ReplyDeleteLove the pop of turquoise!
That trench is so cute - you look great in it! I love having a go-to outfit that works for those bad days...I want a magic dress like yours!
ReplyDeleteYeay for a magic dress. You look great with the infinity scarf. Such a great combo of colors!
ReplyDeleteFashion dis-what?
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Talk about lemonade - this dress is great and I LURVE the infinity scarf!! Color too!!
Who would have known !
ReplyDeleteAs I scrolled down the page I saw your picture in that beautiful black assemble and that turquoise scarf and the sexy hair... and it turns out it was supposed to be a bad day !??
You have got to be kidding... really... I think you did magnificent.