Ok, just me.
I always have such good intentions about the end of the week, where I think I am going to catch up on appointments I need to make, comment on all the blogs I have saved in my Firefox tabs throughout the week, maybe even make one last recipe on my list (since we're usually tired of my Sunday foods by then). But then chaos hits, usually at work, and on Friday morning I am reading Helen's and Shelley's regular Friday posts and wondering why my plans have been laid waste and I am disheveled and disorganized.
The good news is, at least I looked good on those days!
I ran out of ideas for the clothes from my sister, but I decided it was high time to pull out some winter favorites and enjoy them. I'm not going to a lot of meeting these days, so it's hard for me to be inspired enough to go for the dressier side of business casual when I am at my desk all day. So my pretty dresses and skirts are getting forgotten. Until Thursday, when I wore this.
The dress is my lovely ponte knit from Nordstrom with the lace pattern. It's fitting a little looser these days, HURRAY. I returned to my old foolproof formula for dressing and added a long cardigan; it's not quite a boyfriend style but it covers my dupa nicely. Black Target tights and my mushroom platform stretch boots from Franco Sarto finished the outfit.
It made me happy.
Also making me happy is my new office; I have added lamps all over it instead of using the fluorescent overheads, and while it still needs one more light so it doesn't feel too dark, it's so soothing and quiet it makes the stress flying out of my inbox in my computer more manageable. I am waiting for the maintenance person to come hang all my boards and art and then I will take photos for everyone.
What made you happy this week?
Shall we say "Florida"? Although primarily there for meetings, the weather made me VERY happy!
ReplyDeleteWhat made me happy this week? It hit 57 in NJ. WooHoo. I may actually like winter.
ReplyDeleteGail
I love the dress on you - so pretty and slimming! My weeks actually drag... it's my weekends that aren't long enough.
ReplyDeleteWhen I've been able to I've always preferred ditching the overhead lights. It gives you more flexibility.
ReplyDeleteI'm sooooo glad to see a peach sweater. It reminds me the Loft sweater you used to have. Beautiful colors.
I had a happy week because I got to the gym twice, didn't scramble for dinners and made some progress on projects at work. Pretty dull, huh?
Oooh! Love how you style the dress. It looks awesome with red!
ReplyDeleteYay for looser fitting dresses! Love this with the bright accent color and those boots!
ReplyDeleteHehe, you aren't the only person who tells time by blog posts!
ReplyDeleteKnitting has made me happy this week. Simple, but so satisfying!
I found a great theory bag at the thrift store. It made me so happy!
ReplyDelete