Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mixing up mustard



You guys know my long-standing love of yellow, especially mustard. This is the first time I think I've worn it with a scarf that doesn't have any yellow in at all, and I really liked it.



I usually wear this Target 2009 scarf with turquoise or purple, so I'm not sure what possessed me to try it with the mustard. Do you think it works?



The other items: white pintuck mixed-materials tee from Nordstrom, mustard LOFT cardigan, brown NYDJ ponte skinnies, brown suede BOC clogs.

It was an office day, and surprisingly spring-like. The weather's been warmer this week, and the snow piles are quickly becoming puddles. Maybe we will actually have a real spring this year...

7 comments:

  1. This definitely works! The yellow is pulling the green in the scarf out - from a distance it looks like yellow.

    Great look, Kristen!

    Here's hoping that spring is going to come early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it totally works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely works, the mustard likes the olive in the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works!

    Both sets of colors are muted and earthy.
    Did you try your blue glasses with this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf definitely look great with the mustard...good call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite outfit this week! The yellow and scarf are just so happy looking! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely works. I like how the mustard plays off the purple and blues in the scarf.

    ReplyDelete