It was Friday, and I longed to wear jeans. Since it wasn't an option, I went with as comfortable and dressed-down as possible: ponte pants, long ruffled sweater, casual rib-knit layering top. In terms of comfort, I might as well have been in my pajamas.
But it was a workday, and *looking* like I was in my pajamas was not an option. So I added my beloved Franco Sarto Deer patent oxford heels, and my super-blingy LOFT necklace. Voila! Now I look dressed up!
Amazing how two simple accessories can change the whole tenor of an outfit. (See, Amanda? Assuming you will read this.)
Got three compliments on the necklace, too, including one from Hubby so I know the distraction worked.
Also, Emily was wondering what goes on in the office while I am picture-taking, and as finally brave enough to come in. She's not as brazen as George but she's a cutie all the same!
Details:
olive rib-knit Caslon tee, Nordstrom
black ruffled long cardigan, White House Black Market
black NYDJ ponte straight skinnies, Nordstrom
grey patent Franco Sarto Deer oxfords, Nordstrom
black ribbon from a long-gone jacket
grey stone bling necklace, LOFT
Great "bling". Comfort AND style here!
ReplyDeleteRe. scarves, I need to look at the tutorial. Thanks. Any ideas what shape C. Zeta-Jones scarf is? I really liked that look.