The Target Merona skirt and AT chiffon layered top are both made in Vietnam. The Aquatalia boots are made in Italy, as are the Oriblu microfishnet hose. (This is a theme later on too.) The melon Banana Republic cardigan was made in China, which comes as no surprise because it is supposed to be mostly silk and yet is pilling and falling apart like there is no tomorrow.
The necklaces -- one from BR and the other from J Crew Outlet -- are too old for me to know where they were made. My engagement/anniversary earrings are from Tiffany, and the website doesn't say where they are made but that all their diamonds go through the Kimberley Process. My hearing aids are from Seimans, but I am not sure where they are made.
Of my hair products, all the Pureology products (shampoo, conditioner, root volumizer) are made in the USA, as was the Mario Tricoci mousse and the Pantene hairspray.
My makeup! Boy, I don't wear much. There was no label on the eyeshadow. But the Nars orgasm blush is made in Canada, the Laura Mercier concealer in the USA while her bronzer and eye pencil came from Italy. The Tarte mascara was from Italy too. (Who knew they were such a big manufacturer of makeup? I didn't!)
Interesting! I wish I had had time to research more of the products I own and use everyday -- like my Coach bags, my VW Beetle, etc -- but even just my clothes and makeup has been an eye-opener. Thanks, Lorena!
Gawd, Kristen! Killer color combo! I LOVE it. You look so sassy and fresh.
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU Kristen !
ReplyDeleteI am sorry, I did not mean to be so persistent (although it paid off)
If you are ok with it, I would like to link this to my experiment recap :)
You made me remember that while growing up IF IT WAS SILK it better be from China, because they had the best quality.
What totally keeps popping up is that fact that everyone of us, no matter where, it seems, has a little piece of China at home.
I think Seiman's is a Germany company, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the electronics were made in Asia.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kelly!
ReplyDeleteLorena, not to worry I wanted to do it all week but I didn't have time until yesterday. I remember the old adage about Chinese silk too; it is definitely not true anymore. Alas! Feel free to link away; this was fun!
Rose, when I looked on the Siemens site most of it was in a foreign language (looked Scandinavian more than German), but as you noted that doesn't mean they were manufactured there.
Hey Kristen !
ReplyDeleteI am doing it this year too... just in case you want to check your labels too!