So I wore...just a dress. No cardigan, no jacket, no layering long-sleeved top underneath, no 10 million layers to cover me up and keep me warm. Just a camisole, a dress, a necklace and a pretty pair of shoes. THAT is what makes all these kickass Kohls dresses so great; a "blank canvas" dress is fun because it allows you to add all kind of accessories and change the look of it with every outfit, but a "statement" dress like this one doesn't need any of that. It IS the outfit, and when it gets warm or life gets crazy, it's a relief to be able to throw on a dress and shoes and be done with it.
Of course, that means the shoes have to be just right too; they can't fight with the dress for attention too much, but the style and attitude of them has to match the dress. For me more and more, that means a nude shoe. I don't look for one that matches my skin tone exactly; that looks too weird, but I do like it to come close. A nude shoe is one that doesn't interrupt the leg line, and can be in many different shades of beige/nude/tan/caramel, etc. I do tend to get tanner as the season progresses, so having a variety of shades works. As I start to switch out my winter booties for my spring shoes, I am realizing I already own several of them. Today's are another pair from a few seasons ago, from BCBG Girls. I love the feminine, pretty look to these, with the delicate heel, pointed toe, cute little bow, thin perforated leather(ish) material, and sweet cutouts at the pinky toe.
Hmmm, they're getting a little scuffed at the toe; I will see if Hubby can buff them up for me.
The best accessory, of course, is a cute little kitty. This time the mountain went to Mohammed; I moved the camera tripod so I could shoot the other side of the room where George likes to sleep on his window sill cat perch. (We have a ridiculous number of cat perches.) Look at that light and day through our new window; it was only 8am! I love spring.
Haircut tonight, whoohoo! I need a good trim.
For reals! Suddenly it's really spring! You look adorable in this dress without any cardigans or scarves. A dress that can stand on its own is truly great!
ReplyDeleteGreat dress, great shoes! It hit 80 here yesterday too - loving it.
ReplyDeleteLove the simple dressing of Spring. Fewer layers, lighter colors ... your outfit is adorable.
ReplyDeleteBeing able to just throw on one piece of clothing without really thinking about it is exactly what I love about dresses :) Your dress looks awesome by itself! Enjoy this lovely weather while we have it!
ReplyDeleteYour legs look awesome in those pumps. Yeay for spring. And I love your cat's guest appearance!
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous! I love the colors in the dress. The shoes are simply amazing and an excellent choice...
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy seeing pictures of handsome George!
What a gorgeous dress! I love the colors/print and shape on you, Kristen :) And before I read the text I totally was thinking that those shoes were the perfect choice. You have the BEST SHOES.
ReplyDeleteAwesome dress - you look lovely!
ReplyDeleteAW...George is so cute. I love those cat perches!
That dress looks spectacular on you! Interesting that you pair nude shoes with it - something I never would have thought about (I would go for the obvious choice of black). You really are good at changing the look of an outfit!
ReplyDeleteP.S. George is a cutie!
Oh, sweet George!
ReplyDeleteHow funny that you purchased that dress! I was just admiring it on myshape (though the print doesn't feel quite "me", so don't worry, I won't be copying you again this time!) It looks fantastic on you, Kristen. I love the teal, chartreuse, and turquoise all mixed together so well.
You have been pulling out the most beautiful dresses and this is no exception !
ReplyDeleteNow that I think of it, Kohls does have some amazing dresses.... I have a few myself ;)
Yet another kickass dress....how do you find them!!!!
ReplyDelete