Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday: Stay Fabulous or Get Slapped Day!

Erin decreed today was to be Stay Fabulous or Get Slapped Friday, and I did my best to comply. With the fabulous part, not the slapping.

DSC_5570

Like Erin
, I ended up being bold and taking a risk with today's outfit. For me, that means...pants. (Heh.) But not just any pants, skinny pants. Not jeans, not ponte pants, not leggings. Skinny work pants.

I totally love them. They are so comfortable, and I love how long my legs look in them. They're not for every day, but on a quiet Friday in the office they are perfect.

DSC_5571DSC_5573

The other bold part of this outfit, at least for me, is the length of the top. I've never worn any type of skinnies without an oversized cardigan or long top, and I did try a million of them on this morning, but this was the one I liked the best. I really wanted to wear my polka-dot chocolate top, and the purple Target scoopneck sweater worked perfectly so I went with it. I suppose I should be trying to cover up my saddlebags on my thighs, but it is what it is. I'm a "pretty pear", as Angie likes to say. Today, I didn't feel like disguising that.

DSC_5575

DSC_5576

Details:
Cardigan: purple scoopneck cardigan, Target
top: chocolate ruffled polka-dot cotton blouse, Target
Belt: reversible brown patent skinny belt, AT Factory
Pants: BR Martin skinny fit
Shoes: brown croc patent flats, Me Too
Necklace: brown-and-green stones, Gap

Felt pretty fabulous to me!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! YOu took the threat seriously LOL. You look great. And I love purple on you! and I love purple and brown together also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The shade of purple is lovely on you, and I applaud you for wearing pants. I thought about wearing jeans today, and...put on leggings, instead. I really need to open my mind more, seeing that we're moving to Minnesota. Ain't no way I can escape pants, there, methinks....Anyway, I adore the little show of ruffles you've got going on. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love this look on you. All of it, head to toe! The shirt/cardi combo is great and yes, you can work some skinny pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look awesome in this, Kristen! Those pants are so flattering! I also did Erin's theme (I'll post it later today).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That outfit is adorable from head to toe! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the sweater - and I am thinking I need to try a skinny belt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great Kristen. Everything about this outfit totally works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This all works perfectly together!~ And you're right, legs for DAYS!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shade of purple looks beautiful on you! I love the neckline of the blouse with the neckline of the cardigan - it looks so lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! A great change out from the Kohl's dresses! You're just fine in the shorted cardigans, too.

    ReplyDelete