Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My first award!

Awww, a very big thank you to What a Splurge, who gave me the lovely Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you, sweetie, I am so flattered and honored by the kind words you said about me. You are an enormous inspiration to me to continue on working on my eating, weight loss, and exercise. It's a journey for all of us, and I appreciate you reminding me of that every day.



The rules say I need to tell you 7 things about me:

1. I have kept an online journal since 2002. This is only my newest incarnation; the original is still going strong, although the topic has changed considerably over the years. But I could never leave there; the women on that site have been friends of mine for almost a decade. We crossed the line from online friends to real friends long ago.

2. I have been married 12 years, and we are childless by choice. Best two decisions I ever made.

3. I have to read every night before I fall asleep, even for just a few minutes. It can sometimes take me two weeks to finish a magazine that way. :)

4. I have owned a Chevy Malibu, two Saturns (an SL1 and a coupe), and a Honda CR-V in my life. But I still miss driving my parent's extra Chevy pickup from when I was a teenager.

5. I have never been to Disneyland or Disney World, and have no interest in doing so.

6. I bit my nails right up until I started getting manicures this year. Finally, my hands look pretty...just in time for them to start getting wrinkly.

7. You wouldn't know it from my closet, but I love the color pink.

+++++++

I am also supposed to nominate 7 other bloggers for this award, women who inspire and amuse me. My goodness, it was tough to narrow it down, especially since I couldn't pick What A Splurge, my obvious first choice. :)

My nominees are:

1. Chelsea at brightsidedweller. I love her flirty, pretty style; seeing her photos always makes me smile.

2. Danielle at Fell4Fashion. I look at Danielle's outfits and it is like a key fitting into a lock. Yes, YES, that's how I want to look every day.

3. Kari at In Kari's Wardrobe. I have so enjoyed watching Kari's style evolve over the last year, and knowing I have influenced a couple of those purchases. :) She has a great way of incorporating trendy pieces and making them her own.

4. Sheila at Ephemera. Sheila just ROCKS. She's cool, and enthusiastic, and gutsy, and manages to look so great AND walk a million miles to and from work every day.

5. Ana at The Math Fashionista. Ana, Ana, where have you gone? You are sorely missed.

6. Hillary at byHillary. She is hilarious and creative, and I loooooooove her red hair.

7. Michelle at All Lacquered Up. I so appreciate her fabulous nail color photographs and detailed descriptions. I am new to manicures but I love knowing I can find out about new colors, really see what they look like, before I spend the money on buying them.

Thanks to all the lovely blogs I enjoy reading; you guys make my days brighter, and I learn from each and every one of you.

6 comments:

  1. Hurray, Kristen! Way to go! Your commitment to blogging is just as inspiring as your commitment to weight loss, dressing fab, and life in general! You deserve this award, and many more.

    xx Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, congrats, and I agree that you are an extremely beautiful blogger. And thank you so much for the nomination! I have been so awful about passing these awards on, but I swear I will get to it.

    (And I agree - I miss Ana!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I have a secret I dyed my hair today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw... thanks for the nomination Kristen! I loved reading your 7 things. I have been thinking about keeping an online journal that is more about my feelings, frustrations, hopes, dreams, etc., and you may have inspired me to start :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY ! It's was fun getting to know you more... and knowing we have more stuff in common such as reading the same blogs, having a Honda CRV, I also have not been to Disney (i do want to go though!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete