(Not a great photo, sorry. I was running very late!)
It is COLD. When I left for work, it was 5 below with the wind chill. That is crazy cold. Even my white puffer and lined leather gloves weren't enough to keep me warm crossing the parking lot to the office. It's going to be like this all week, so expect a parade of turtlenecks and cozy, thick sweaters.
I'm sorry the photo didn't turn out, because the ON ribbed turtleneck is a great bright fuschia pink, and I loved the way it stood out against the statement M+O jacket. I wore that open today, which I swear looked better than it does here. Added my pewter BR lariat necklace, black Semantics pants, and my sturdy Franco Sarto heeled loafers, and I was good to go.
++++++
Week 2 of the Couch-to-5K plan progesses! This week is 90 seconds of running alternating with 2 minutes walking. I'd forgotten how they ease you into running at first; the pace is reasonable and do-able. You don't feel daunted by the idea of running, you know? And it makes you want to keep going to the next week, when you can push yourself further and further until hey, you just ran a 5K!
If you are interested in the idea, there's a website here. I bought an app for my iPod which announces the pace over my music, keeps track of my time, and tells me when to switch between running and walking. It was like $4 and worth every penny!
Why do you say the photo didn't turn out, Kristen? I love how rich the charcoal jacket and turtleneck look together.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that *must* be chilly. Yikes! Are you still running outdoors even in that weather?
The picture looks great and the color combination is a winner! I'm looking forward to your parade of turtlenecks. I've recently become a fan, too. Stay Warm!
ReplyDeleteKari, I run indoors in the winter; my park center has a free indoor track less than a mile from my house. We get way, waaaaay too cold here for outdoor running, in my book. Maybe in the 30-40s, but not below.
ReplyDeleteThanks, AR, I'm trying!
I love this outfit, and I can't imagine five below!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Couch to 5K link! I want to take up running again this year, and this plan is exactly what I needed to get me started.
Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThe outfit looks amazing.
that is some crazy crazy cold!!! U look fabulous, year wear everything so well :)
ReplyDeleteDiana, I loved the C25K plan; this is my second time through. It's so uncomplicated and it works!
ReplyDeletenurmisur, thank you! Hope to see you posting soon.
Danielle, thanks. We're supposed to be getting snow tomorrow, so that means it should at least warm up to the 30s. Yay!
Hi Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI love your outfits! I did go to the couch to 5K link and wanted to know what app you purchased for your ipod? I'm trying to start running and love the idea of a prompt that comes in over the music.
JuliJuli
Hi Juli! I replied over on YLF, but the app is just called C25K. Search for that at the Apple store and it will pop right up.
ReplyDelete