New dress debut! I picked this up at Macys this weekend; I paid way too much for it, but it's a size 8 so I didn't care. Vanity sizing will win over budget every time! :)
I kind of wanted to wear it without the sweater but it was too cold. But the details of the dress are so pretty I know I won't leave them hidden for long.
Look at that pleating! Love.
And SLEEEEEVES!!!!
Do you know how hard it is to find a dress with sleeves?! It's insanely hard. I don't get it; what good is a sleeveless wool dress in Chicago? (I am looking at YOU, Ann Taylor.)
I also found the CUTEST winter coat ever -- it has a pleated hem! And it's down to my knees, which is what I've been looking for desperately; car coats are too short for my dresses. Got it at Von Maur, and even better, got it on sale. I saw it last weekend while out shopping with my girlfriends, but it was full-price ($214) and it was a week before Black Friday. So I took a chance that it would still be there the following weekend. It was, and while the store itself wasn't having a store-wide sale, these particular coats had been marked down $70 off (I still paid $140, just to clarify). Whoohoo, it was mine.
And just in time; I had to tear off the tags on Monday so I wouldn't freeze getting into work.
I seriously love it. I over-exposed a couple of shots so you could see the details better:
Whee! I am ready for winter!
holey moley kristen! that coat is absolutely gorgeous, and what an amazing deal!!! I am in love with it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the sleeved dress is just fab! Looks great under the purple sweater, and lovely without the sweater as well. Sleeved dresses are hard to find! But I do love seeing others layer long-sleeves under sleeveless wool dresses. I don't have any so I haven't tried it, but I think it looks snazzy!
(p.s. just found your blog through your comment... and I'm loving it already! and I agree on the idea to not feel guilty about non-posting... blogging is for FUN!)
HOORAY! So glad you scored that coat for a third of the original price!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that dress.
Yay, you scored the coat!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing! That dress is so pretty and I am so with you on the sleeves. It drives me crazy that so many dresses are still short sleeve or sleeveless. It's like we aren't supposed to ever get cold or something! I'm glad you found one. That coat is beautiful too.
ReplyDeleteGreat find on both the dress and the jacket. I would kill for some nice, work appropriate long sleeve dresses that don't make me look like a school marm. ha! And I really want a full skirt long coat. Like they wore in the 50s over their big skirts. how very fun that would be!
ReplyDeleteChelsea, so glad you found me! I'm a new reader of your blog, but I love it. Our styles are pretty similar so I have been getting lots of inspiration seeing how you put things together. Thank you! I am still working on the right combo for the sleeved top under sleeveless dress; I have a couple to work with, but they're sheaths and when you start layering underneath them then you have to deal with shirt lines around the waist, etc. But I keep at it!
ReplyDeleteJessie and Annie, yes, I got the coat! It was actually $70 so only 30% off the original price, but that's still a better deal than I thought I would get.
Kim, the sleeve issue is so frustrating, isn't it? Especially party dresses; we can throw a cardigan over a work or play dress, but it doesn't work on a velvet one for a holiday party. But there's no other good option. So crazy!
Tina, oooooh, yeah, one of those full-skirted coats would be awesome, especially if the body was properly fitted.
I'm very late commenting but what lovely dress and coat you bought.The hem on the coat makes it very special. Hope it keeps you warm.
ReplyDelete