George thought he wanted to leave until he heard the camera click. Whatever plans he had -- go torture Sophie, throw his stuffed cow around the living room, play with his water bowl -- were dropped for our camera shoot. Silly cat!
Had a meeting with executives today so I stepped it up with a jacket-skirt combo. This is wrinkled and my hair is a mess because it was taken at the end of the day, but I knew the outfit was a success when I got two separate and flattering comments at the office:
1. Are you interviewing? You're all dressed up!
2. Man, you get smaller every time I see you.
I think it was the legs that prompted that one, since that's what the commenter was staring at when he said it. LOL! The pattern in today's tights were stripes, which helped elongate my legs nicely, and added a cool contrasting pattern to the tweed-ish skirt.
Hilariously, this outfit was a last-minute frantic put-together after I had exhausted pretty much every other option in my closet. My husband was home from work yesterday and he wandered into the bedroom a couple of times, commented approvingly on whatever combo I had on at the time, and then was befuddled when he came back and I had a totally different thing on. "Is it like this every day?" he asked, half-laughing and half-gently when I had settled on my final outfit and was frantically grabbing at shoes. I think he was afraid any criticism would start the whole thing all over again. HEE! I assured him it usually wasn't this bad, but I had very specific requirements for today's outfit -- had to be extra-dressy with a jacket, had to be warm, had to hide my currently expansive dupa, etc -- and nothing was coming together that fulfilled all of my needs.
Mornings like that are painful, you know? I can't be the only one who has them!
Sweater: teal ribbed turtleneck, Old Navy (thanks to Lorena's positive review)
Jacket: Semantiks suit jacket, Nordstrom
Belt: mauve-silver reversible, Ann Taylor Factory
Skirt: Semantiks tweed pencil, Nordstrom
Tights: striped charcoal, maybe Target or Spanx?
Shoes: grey patent oxford shooties, Franco Sarto
Still my most favorite shoes ever. I need to wear the burgundy ones very, very soon.
George approves!
I have them too!!! Love this mix of colors and textures!
ReplyDeleteCute Shoes!
ReplyDeleteI also have those mornings. But you look fabulous.
ReplyDeleteYou look dressed up but very young looking.
Thanks, all!
ReplyDeleteI will confess, one of the nice things about putting back on some of the weight is being able to wear these nice skirts again. I need to make sure I buy some skirts when I get back to goal; I missed this look.
They ARE lovely shoes; something about them with that bright blue is very satisfying. And it's true, this out fit is so slimming and professional. Very nice!
ReplyDeletexx
Um yeah, this combo is just amazing, and I MUST find a tweed skirt to copy it. You look fantastic, lady!
ReplyDeleteI fully agree with your colleagues - you look gorgeous, particularly with that skirt! I just adore your tight collection, too.
ReplyDelete