This was definitely my worst week yet.
1. Attend WW meetings every week without skipping any.
Done.
2. Exercise 4 days a week minimum.
I ran the 5K on Sunday, and then I did absolutely nothing all week. Ugh! Why do I do that to myself?
So I committed to a MF buddy that I would commit to 3 days a week running for the next month, and further I would do it on set days of the week: Sunday, Tuesday and Friday. Both the commitment and the set days were a good idea, as I wanted to blow off running all day today but knew that I could not. So I got it done, hurray!
3. Count my points in my Tracker.
Hahaha. No.
4. Cut back on the alcohol to 1-2 drinks a week.
Hahahahahaha! Oh, goodness, no.
++++++
I don't know why or how I fell so completely off the rails, especially since last Sunday I was feeling like I was starting to turn things around. But I felt and was out of control all week. I am just lucky it didn't impact my weight worse.
This week will be a challenge as I will be driving a lot next weekend and eating out on a trip away with my mother-in-law. I've set it up so small, easy meals will be available at home before I go, and I will stick with my running commitment. And I read that the hotel has a really cool pool so I will be checking that out, for sure!
I've been out of control for the past couple weeks too. It's been a good week if I achieve one day a week of working out. Time for me to get back on the ball.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you for sticking with your commitments while you are on your trip, and I hope that you have a wonderful time!
Look at it this way, you've been saying that Friday's are your downfall with going out to dinner and having a drink or two...now instead you'll run after work and be too tired to go out! And you won't feel all bloated and icky on Saturday weigh-ins.
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, 10 pair of new shoes this week....I.AM.IN.HEAVEN!
This seems like a huge set of goals...what is it about all of these that you feel you have to do ALL of them every week?
ReplyDeleteMaybe just focus on one of them per week? Then you'll have more of a sense of accomplishment rather than "Oh, jeez, I blew it again."
Personally, I never cut back on alcohol. :)
i am trying to do a clean-eating program where i'm not really supposed to drink at all (it's pure sugar, she says), and i have failed miserably. *sigh* maybe i'm better with baby steps, too ;)
ReplyDeleteTry to enjoy the trip with your mother-in-law and make healthy options.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a nice week.
Kari, you are just starting a new job so it's understandable that your routine is up in the air right now. You'll get back into the swing of it soon enough!
ReplyDeleteSF, I didn't even think about the bonus of being good on Fridays but that's a great point. Also, seriously, 10 pairs of shoes?! We need to talk about that!
Sheila, I set up the 4 goals to cover different parts of my overall plan, but I don't actually try to accomplish all 4 every week. I'm trying to add each one in order; I've got the WW one down so the exercise is next. I'm hoping if I can get all 4 going then the weight loss will follow.
TTS, I did Medifast for the first half of the year, and it worked great. But I always knew it was a temporary solution and I needed to find a permanent one. That's what the goals are for. :)
Nurmisur, I am very much looking forward to the weekend away. It'll be nice to relax and spend some time with her.